What type of restaurant do you want to see next in Irvine?

White castle - steamy little burgers with a bag of fries. Um um good.

Now i can't take your recommendations seriously

Outside of Asian food, Irvine is a black hole for great cuisine.  We have the franchises which are reliable but unspectacular.  I would love to see an independent restaurant serving exciting food with a diverse wine list...but I might as well wish for a new affordable SFR on a big lot...not gonna happen.  The best we can hope for in Irvine is a franchise place like the Habit or maybe another soft tofu place cuz 15 isn't enough.

+100 on Popeyes.  Way better than KFC.  But probably too ghetto for our fair city.  Nothing at KFC compares to Popeye's red beans and rice.

+100 on Tommy's.  See above for ghetto comment.

Would love to see a Slater's 50/50 and this might actually be possible.  Who doesn't love a cardiac arrest level amount of bacon in their burger?

I have to admit, Irvine has improved over the years, when I was younger the only restaurant to eat at was Sam Woo and Taiko.  Now we get a nice variety without having to drive to Monterey Park or Rowland Heights.  We still need a legit fish taco place, something like Taco Nazo.  A decent Asian breakfast place would be good also, four seas should fill in that spot but I don't have good luck with them.  Ghetto greasy spoons will probably never see the light of day here except for non TIC commercial land but then it gets rented out to mostly Asian restaurants. 

For buffet, I give thumbs up on Makino in Irvine.

What I'd like to see?  Better food courts for the cubical wage slaves, like the ones in Asia.

Back