What is this BS!!!

biscuitninja_IHB

[RANT]

Ok, let me start off by saying that work is very, very, very stressful right now.

Currently I have been in weeklong (all day) meetings, my work load has not lessened, in fact I have even more things to take care of. My bosses keep telling me," the bar has been raised". But I don't see them working 12-14 hrs a day trying to keep up or at least keep the workload from getting out of control.

Has this been happening to you guys?

[/RANT]

Other than thing things are ok.

-bix

BV,

I can withstand job loss. I'm just annoyed that people are NOT DOING THIS F'ING JOB!!!1111one

It seems that management saves themselves without recognizing the people who actually do work are the ones keeping it afloat. Schedule, Cost, Risk are NOT deliverables....

-bix

We had meetings earlier last week as well regarding performance. I work in a law firm, and given the amount of lay-offs in the legal industry and dismal morale, we received a state of the firm speech suggesting that "the fundamentals of our economy are strong" but we needed to reduce expense and increase billables. I have a great team leader and he works as hard if not harder than the associates, so at least he shares the pain. Good luck, Bix.

[quote author="biscuitninja" date=1233111936]BV,

I can withstand job loss. I'm just annoyed that people are NOT DOING THIS F'ING JOB!!!1111one

It seems that management saves themselves without recognizing the people who actually do work are the ones keeping it afloat. Schedule, Cost, Risk are NOT deliverables....

-bix</blockquote>

I hear you. I'm in the same situation, my vp let go two other analysts a couple of weeks ago and my workload has increased. However, what can I do? I really should ask for their part of the pay since I'm doing their part of the job, but at this point if I want to continue to work...I say nothing. On the other hand, if I'm pushed too far, I'll just go back to trading stocks and playing video-games on slow market days.

My business is about as slow as I can ever remember.

So I laid off a couple people and doing more myself.

Couple weeks ago picked up a system full of drives.

Instant Hernia. Looks like I have "Alien" coming out of my tummy.

The Dr. tells me I have a great Workmans Comp case.

Too bad its my company. Total BS.

[quote author="Serious Weapon" date=1233112682]You should walk into work with one of those straps that can carry like 5 billion big caliber bullets...</blockquote>

Well I sold my .50 bmg... but I do have a .510 DTC! BIGGER BULLETS FTW! Actually, I would probably never do that, i'd like to keep my second amendment rights and all.... I've talked to my boss and will be working 6 days a week now instead of 12-14 hr days. So much less stress as well as well as more output. I don't mind, but I have told my bosses they had better step up to the plate or I will be doing there jobs for them and cutting them out of the loop.

I would normally not mind, I just see bosses becomming stressed because work is not getting done, but doing NONE of them do any work. In doing this, they are micromanaging me and its not fun. Most managers could not engineer their way out of a paper bag, much less do any of the work that I do....

Oh well..

good luck

off for a short break before i go back to the grind!

-bix

[quote author="bltserv" date=1233125408]Instant Hernia. Looks like I have "Alien" coming out of my tummy.

Too bad its my company. Total BS.</blockquote>
Whoooohhh man... I'm sorry for your pain but the way you told this story was hilarious.

I hope your "alien" gets better.

[quote author="bltserv" date=1233125408]My business is about as slow as I can ever remember.

So I laid off a couple people and doing more myself.

Couple weeks ago picked up a system full of drives.

Instant Hernia. Looks like I have "Alien" coming out of my tummy.

Too bad its my company. Total BS.</blockquote>

Take it easy, plus remember parts haulers are cheap compared to your pet alien. Next time, just hire 5 guys for dirt cheap and life a better life.

-bix

[quote author="awgee" date=1233127768]Bix, why don't you start your own company?</blockquote>

I have and I do. I'm just waiting for the market to straighten out for a little bit then i'll live off the income of my apartments for a short while then sell the portfolio and probably live off of that.... at least, that is the plan. Hopefully it doesn't change too much.

-bix

[quote author="biscuitninja" date=1233146418][quote author="awgee" date=1233127768]Bix, why don't you start your own company?</blockquote>

I have and I do. I'm just waiting for the market to straighten out for a little bit then i'll live off the income of my apartments for a short while then sell the portfolio and probably live off of that.... at least, that is the plan. Hopefully it doesn't change too much.

-bix</blockquote>

I hope you are not considering selling your apts in this market. I sold an apartment building in 1998; I netted essentially zero after paying off the loan and the AMT I had to pay as a result of the sale. I sold because I was tired of dealing with white trash tenants. If I had held out for just 3 or 4 more years, I could have sold that building for a huge profit.

[quote author="biscuitninja" date=1233146418][quote author="awgee" date=1233127768]Bix, why don't you start your own company?</blockquote>

-bix</blockquote>

I meant some type of engineering company.

[quote author="awgee" date=1233195086][quote author="biscuitninja" date=1233146418][quote author="awgee" date=1233127768]Bix, why don't you start your own company?</blockquote>

-bix</blockquote>

I meant some type of engineering company.</blockquote>

It's hard to do a one man show when you do DOD stuff.

[quote author="no_vaseline" date=1233197581][quote author="awgee" date=1233195086][quote author="biscuitninja" date=1233146418][quote author="awgee" date=1233127768]Bix, why don't you start your own company?</blockquote>

-bix</blockquote>

It's hard to do a one man show when you do DOD stuff.</blockquote>

Actually, its quite easy, but you may have to get a woman or minority to be the CEO.

I need to marry a disadvantaged woman of American Indian decent.

Nothing like having an "SBA 8a" Rating. The Government will set aside

business for you. "What a country."

Another one of my favorite. BS`s.

It just depends, I've been trying to talk to some people about it. I essentially want to start a small network, but people have not been as forthcoming. I would also need some people experienced with website design. Just a little bit more though.....

Anyways good luck

-bix

[quote author="no_vaseline" date=1233197581][quote author="awgee" date=1233195086][quote author="biscuitninja" date=1233146418][quote author="awgee" date=1233127768]Bix, why don't you start your own company?</blockquote>

-bix</blockquote>

It's hard to do a one man show when you do DOD stuff.</blockquote>

He could hire people.

Back