What is the general commission for selling brokers these days

fortune11

for homes in the 1 - 1.5mm range .  I have heard numbers ranging from 3% for redfin to 5% for regular brokers. 

Polling to see what people may have paid in last one year or so . 

thanks in advance !

I'd say that like 75% of the time the total commission that agents/brokers will ask for is 5% to sell a home (split 2.5% to the listing agent and 2.5% to the buyer agent).  Redfin doesn't charge 3%...they offer a 1.5% listing commission and then the seller will decide how much to offer a buyer's agent (maybe their 3% total commission is if the buyer's agent is also a Redfin agent or the Redfin listing agent, not sure).  I offered up a 2.50% buyer agent commission when I sold my home but I sold it to one of my clients so obviously didn't have to pay that.  The home that I bought ($1.15m) offered up a 2.50% buyer agent commission. 

That being said, I offer very unique variable listing commission structure along with a lower listing target commission which better aligns my interests with the seller's goal of getting the highest price possible.  My seller clients can chime in on their thoughts.

Back