What is it about NWP?

lovingit

18 Runningbrook and 61 Trailwood and 38 Edenbrook all sell in about a week.
These are all $1.25-1.3M homes.  Good floorplans, good neighborhood?

Low Mello Roos. Good schools in walking distance. Hicks Canyon trail. Not too old. Gated. Quiet. No affordable housing around. Far from land fill, El Toro base.

Prime irvine.  Great amenities, great location, convenient to shops, great school, gated.

Did no one noticed the vaulted cathedral ceilings in some of these floorplans?  That's the real reason.

NWP is a relative bargain compared to Turtlerock, Turtleridge and even Woodbridge-  and the homes are newer in most cases.

But I noticed Woodbury sometimes has higher price per sq ft, even with Irvine High school. Woodbury is not even gated.  Cuz its newer?

Larger than the average new home lot sizes, gated sub communities, Irvine schools, no apartments, no low-income housing, low Mello Roos, low HOA, schools within walking distance, few attached condos, etc

It does not seem like there are homes in the $1m price tag in NWP.
In NP, there are homes right around $1M, but they are smaller.  I bet NP is not as hot as NWP in terms of average days on the market right?

thatOSguy said:
lovingit said:
It does not seem like there are homes in the $1m price tag in NWP.
In NP, there are homes right around $1M, but they are smaller.  I bet NP is not as hot as NWP in terms of average days on the market right?

As nice as NP is, sellers there often get ahead of the rest of the market. With some exceptions, equivalent IUSD homes should trade at or above a NP home, period.

So with anecdotal evidence, I wouldn't be surprised at all if NP homes sit longer. They also ask for more than they should.

NP sellers subconsciously don't want to let go of their home.  Just think about all the alternative out there, there's no place like NP. ;)

Back