What is at the end of Jeffrey at Portola Pkwy

joewaterleaf

Seems like the road is not open to the public but can we hike or drive our cars up there? Where does the road end? It looks like you can eventually take it to Santiago Canyon road but i'm not sure if that is accessible to the public? Thanks in advance.

Not sure what's the current status but eventually the Jeffrey will connect all the way up to 241. 

Not sure if it is still there, but there used to be a shooting range up there and I thought like a camp/temporary housing for those who work the fields in the area (or something like that).  This goes years back and some of that might be an urban myth. 

Jeffrey connects to Hicks Haul Rd which traverses Limestone Canyon, crossing Santiago Canyon Rd and leads to Irvine Lake. There are hiking activities in that area if you are interested to see it yourself. I highly recommend the full moon hike.

letsgooutside.org

lnc said:
Not sure what's the current status but eventually the Jeffrey will connect all the way up to 241. 

Last time I checked the city master plan still calls for connecting Jeffrey with the 241. Not sure if or when that will happen. I?d be happier if they connect Portola Pkwy to Foothill Ranch.

Looking at google map I see All American Asphalt plant and some storage areas in that area.

As far as future construction at Jeffrey and Portola:
NW corner will be future phase of Orchard Hills
NE corner will be a future sports park connected via bridge to JOST

What is the phallic symbol / mini-Washington monument at the intersection of 241/ 261?  Is there some significance to that structure?

You mean 133/241, the structure that looks like the one on spectrum center?  That?s a mini cell tower

Jeffrey north of Portola runs eventually into a gate about a mile north of Portola, so you can't continue and have to turn back.

Back