What happened to the IHB and some suggestions...

I recall back when IR changed the format in April how much he bragged about all the traffic IHB was getting. It was part of his presentation and business plan for IHB2. About how much of a presence his site had on google when you mentioned 'Irvine" in your searches.

This site will kill that off as the "Google Spiders" will rank what they find higher if its active. So in essence within a few months. All that was the IHB will more than likely be replaced by the new TI.

In fact I am going to bet that within a few weeks he takes the forum, or whats left of it after it got mangled at the end. And that will be that. Watch. he will offer to sell it back to us at some point in the near future.

[quote author="USCTrojanCPA"]
[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]I'm taking advantage of USC's hectic schedule to give me a head start... although I doubt that will help.[/quote]
You already got me dominated on the post count and the karma points. :'(

Edit - now my one and only Karma point is gone... :'( :'([/quote]

Dude, when I went to the beach this morning your karma points were -7 and now you're minus 12. What the heck are you smite magneting about that I can't see?

Irony of all irony... I had gotten a bit of edcuation about how you could exalt and smite, but am so used to just saying thanks whenever I read a post that inclines me to give a thanks that I read Winex's thread about what is needed here and give him very first exalt and then find that I can't exalt others.

Anyway Troj, I'll give you can exalt as soon as I have one to give.

[quote author="a"]The link to the old forums is now gone from the IHB Blog.[/quote]
I noticed that too, but it looks like we can still post. I wonder what time they'll pull the plug on posting.

[quote author="a"]The link to the old forums is now gone from the IHB Blog.[/quote]

I noticed that as well when I was looking after lunch. The fact he has not mentioned anything on his blog about the forums is conspicuous in its absence.
I kind of expected some sort of postmortem mention on his blog today or over the weekend. Some form of back-door rational.

Yeah, I went back to read some of the BK posts I hadn't gotten to, and he (BK) was deleting them...

I guess the IHB archives will be missing much of the best content...

[quote author="steppingup"]A big congrats to CM Dude![/quote]

Thanks, steppingup! Two weeks in Belize with a total ban on internet is amazingly refreshing.

[quote author="CM_Dude"]

Thanks, steppingup! Two weeks in Belize with a total ban on internet is amazingly refreshing.[/quote]

Nice! Are you two divers?

[quote author="CM_Dude"]

Thanks, steppingup! Two weeks in Belize with a total ban on internet is amazingly refreshing.[/quote]
Congrats and sounds like you guys had fun, but don't let it happen again because we don't want this forum to close down. <!-- s:p -->:p<!-- s:p -->

[quote author="CM_Dude"]Jesus, go on a honeymoon and look what happens...[/quote]

Congratulations! You and your wife must be on a high... wedding, honeymoon, the holidays! Fantastic!

wow i just joined recently, didn't know there was so much drama over there. great forum though with tons of great info.

Hello!

I had lurked on the "other" forum for a long time before posting. I only posted a few times but I really enjoyed the community "over there." I was a big fan of bkshopr's architectural insights. I also really liked the Costa Mesa and Long Beach threads. I am concerned that all of this information will just be lost. It was truly a great repository.

I hadn't visited the "other" forum for a week and when I went back to visit I couldn't find the "Forums" tab. Fortunately, I remembered the direct link and read about the shutdown.

Thanks to the moderators of this new forum for their efforts.

BK...come back!

Back