What happened to Silver Creek Nursery?

I drove by their location like, YESTERDAY or thereabouts, noticed nothing out of the ordinary. Today, driving from work to pick up my son, I turned onto Sand Cyn from Irvine Center Drive and almost crashed into the sidewalk. It's like, totally, completely GONE! ???? No "going out of business" ads, no "We're Moving" signs, nothing. Anybody have any idea what happened to the nursery owned by the most red-faced man on the planet besides The Tan Man Mozillo?

They were clearing out a lot items three weeks ago at 50%+ off. I know a neighbor of mine bought a bunch of mulch, dirt, plants, etc as they were replanting their front landscape. I knew they were closing but didn't know exactly when. It might have happened on April 30th...

Yup, they lost their lease and were advertising in the Register right before that that they were closing April 15th, but I noticed that they actually were there selling leftovers for longer than that. Went by there before they were scheduled to close - the plants didn't look all that healthy and they weren't discounted very much. Wasn't a good deal.

On a side note - went by Lowe's in the MarketPlace this past weekend. Their nursery wasn't looking good at all. Not full of stock like I expected. Ended up going to Home Depot in Woodbury - nice-looking plants there and lots of stock. So, it's not a bad place if you're looking for decent plants.

Back