What Gym does everyone go to?

gwailo168_IHB

I have seen some people refer to going to 24 hour fitness and was just wondering what gym the people here go to?

Im usually at Culver24hr, but I have been to South Coast, and UCI 24 frequently enough to see a lot of the same people.

[quote author="gwailo168" date=1208850955]I have seen some people refer to going to 24 hour fitness and was just wondering what gym the people here go to?

Im usually at Culver24hr, but I have been to South Coast, and UCI 24 frequently enough to see a lot of the same people.</blockquote>

<a href="http://www.my-gym.com/">My Gym</a>

I used to go to the Culver 24 hour on the way home from work, but it was too full all the time. I now end up at the 24 Hour Sport near Anaheim Stadium.

[quote author="caycifish" date=1208863074]I used to go to the Culver 24 hour on the way home from work, but it was too full all the time. I now end up at the 24 Hour Sport near Anaheim Stadium.</blockquote>
<span style="font-size: 11px;"><em>This message was brought to you by the fine folks at 24Hour Fitness. Stop on by our Anaheim location where you might just meet our newest spokesmodel Caycifish toning up for her next meeting with the AGC!</em></span>

I frequently go to the 24 hour off of culver but I don't go anytime before 7:30...

Don't want to have to fight the people for a machine or worry about going over their 20 min cardio time limit.

<blockquote>This message was brought to you by the fine folks at 24Hour Fitness. Stop on by our Anaheim location where you might just meet our newest spokesmodel Caycifish toning up for her next meeting with the AGC! </blockquote>

Well, yeah! I'm taking CalGal's suggestion that I keep up with those lunges. I'm just glad that the Platinum Triangle has flopped so far. If people were actually living where there is currently a hole in the ground, I'd never get a machine.

i have both 24 hr fitness and LA fitness. 24 is close to work and la fitness close to home. the 24hr sport membership has been grandfathered in at $7/mo which is so ridiculously cheap it's not worth canceling. i signed up at the LA fitness in woodbury during the grand opening promotion because they're month-to-month and currently only have 1000 members. they said on any given day they only get about a 200-250 ppl in the gym. sometimes i notice there's often far more guys in blue shirts (i.e. trainers and employees) than actual guests.

acmpe. how much do they charge you for the month to month?

I go to 24 at culver and rarely the one by the Spectrum...and yes its packed

I heard they were trying to get into the spot where Compusa used to be at the market place, but not sure whats going on it with that. It would be so nice if there was a 24 in the Tustin Ranch/West Irvine area

I belong to Equinox fitness in Irvine/Newport Beach.

The facilities are great, trainers remind me of the show Workout on Bravo.

If anyone goes there let me know.

I usually wear my little sister?s t-shirt and scream ?One more rep, bro? in between sets.

Other than that I?m pretty normal.

Smell nice too (shout-out to AXE)!

There are always a ton of hotties coming in and out of the24hr. Sport at the Spectrum

if you go to la fitness ask for the grand opening pricing. $29.99 per month. no contract, just cancel with a month's notice. i know of people who have still gotten that rate as of a few wks ago. there's a $99 initiation but i've always found it pretty easy to negotiate. just say you're not interested because of the initiation fee and don't be surprised to find them calling back and saying, "wow you're in luck... turns out we're running a no-initiation promo right now!"

that rate is multi-gym which means you could also go to the gym right by the mktplace and 5.

I heard that market place is pretty packed even up to par with the Culver 24 hour. I tried to sell LA fitness on just converting my 24 hour membership (21 a month) and just charging me that, but they said no and tried to get me on some prepay thing. This was before the Woodbury one opened though, so maybe its worth another try. I'd like to check it out though and see how busy their basketball courts are. That is my favorite part about the 24 hour by the Spectrum.

Thanks for letting me know but I do wonder, isn't that gym a little far from your Shady Canyon residence? :)

compared to 24 hr sports, the courts are relatively empty. there's usually pickup games going on during the prime time from 5 to 7:30 pm. later in the evening and on weekend (other than in the morning) there might be a few guys shooting around at most. not the place to go for pickup games but good if you just want to practice shooting around.

<em>isn?t that gym a little far from your Shady Canyon residence?</em>

pilot says it actually takes longer to start the chopper up than total flight time.

I go to the 24hr on Culver, but I think that it's pretty crappy and dirty.

Other than that, I go to South Coast Metro or Bella Terra.

I'm thinking of getting the Ultra Sport membership on Von Karman.

If not, then maybe I'll join the UCI ARC.

I thought people on this board were busy saving money for a down payment and not throwing away money on a gym membership.

[quote author="ABC123" date=1208930657]I thought people on this board were busy saving money for a down payment and not throwing away money on a gym membership.</blockquote>

Your joking right?

Just want to be absolutely sure before I call in the air strike.

<blockquote>I thought people on this board were busy saving money for a down payment and not throwing away money on a gym membership. </blockquote>
My gym membership to 24-Hr Fitness costs about $10 per month. My husband flies all over the west coast and he has access to a 24-hr fitness in almost all of the states where he works. The gyms are everywhere - they are really convenient for us.

[quote author="ABC123" date=1208930657]I thought people on this board were busy saving money for a down payment and not throwing away money on a gym membership.</blockquote>

haha, the gym membership is the best 12.44/mo I have ever spent.

Nice joke about wearing undersized clothing and yelling for one more rep bro! haha

[quote author="hs_teacher" date=1208925026]maybe I'll join the UCI ARC.</blockquote>
You don't want a membership to the ARC. Their hours are horrible during any school break, which would be the easiest time for you to go since you're a teacher.

I used to have a membership there but every time I wanted to go they were closed.(at least it seemed that way) That's when I got my 24 hr membership.

The ARC is an interesting place to work out....

Everytime I go there I always see interesting people. (well then again thats true every gym i go to)

Anyone have nicknames for people at their gyms?

Back