What foods do you miss the most?

ps99472

For me it's the mom and pop Americanized Chinese food places.  The last one in Irvine was Chinez (now Luna Grill).  It's gotta have a lunch special.. you know, egg roll, hot/sour soup, scoop of fried rice, broccoli beef/sweet and sour pork/almond chicken, fortune cookie, a bottle of tsingtao to wash it all down.  It's gotta have the tall booths for the utmost privacy as you gorge on your food.  It must have the red soup to go container with the kneeling Chinese lady on it. 

A good example:
https://www.yelp.com/biz/new-china-restaurant-whittier

Actually, the last one in Irvine was probably Crystal Jade/Sino Fusion.

Since you like Lake Forest, there was this one in Lake Forest off of Rockfield and Lake Forest in the Quality Inn next to McDonalds that had the lunch specials you like. The Internet tells me that it is now called Olive Tree and has new owners so I'm not sure how it is.

Just do Pick-Up Stix... no soup for their lunch specials but you can do potstickers, egg roll or cheese wontons. :)

Oh and for me, I miss more of those Americanized Chinese steam-table places... like Wokman.

Sure, there is Panda Express but it's not the same thing. Closest now I can think of is Mr. Wok... again in Lake Forest. :)

Back