What flooring to install in the master bedroom walk-in closet?

usctrojancpa

So I'm renovating my unicorn home and I'm wondering what flooring should I put in the master bedroom walk-in closet?  The master walk-in closet is accessible through the master bathroom.  I'll be installing wide plant oak wood flooring in most of the home, tile in the bathrooms and laundry room, and carpet in the bedrooms.  Should I put tile, carpet, or wood flooring in the master bedroom walk-in closet?

For ease of cleaning and maintenance, I'd continue the master bath tile unless it's too dark.

Wood 2nd but the tile wood junction may look awkward.

Carpet last.

Jm2c

I toured a model home today where they had travertine stone on the first floor, hard wood on the second floor including master bedroom, stone flooring in the master bathroom and then carpet in the master closet.  The flooring wasn't in the secondary bedrooms yet, so it may end up being carpet as well. 
I think the thought is that by the time you make it to the closet from the shower/tub, your feet wouldn't be so wet, so when you're in the master deciding on what to wear, the carpet would be nicer on the bare feet.

Carpet in the closet man.  although if you are doing wood in the bedroom then you may as well just do wood in the closet. While wood upstairs looks good I prefer carpet.

I'm not 100% for sure....I may do wood in the bedrooms too.  My only worry is that I want to break up the flooring a bit.  What do you guys think???

No doubt....carpet in the bedrooms and carpet in the master closet. ...And I wouldn't even look back. 

paydawg said:
No doubt....carpet in the bedrooms and carpet in the master closet. ...And I wouldn't even look back.

I agree. Carpet in bedrooms and closets is more inviting, warm and comfortable. I think most buyers prefer this combo.

Paris said:
paydawg said:

I agree. Carpet in bedrooms and closets is more inviting, warm and comfortable. I think most buyers prefer this combo.

2nd that. Carpet in the bedrooms and closet feels warm. You can walk around without shoes and feel comfortable.

Unlike ps9, I always prefer carpet upstairs (not in the bathrooms).

More insulating for both temperature and sound.

I'm sure even most people who have tile in their bathrooms have bath mats.

I've seen some large houses with carpet in the bathrooms, don't like that at all. 
I like carpet in the room and closet, tiles in the bathroom with mats. 
What would be baller are heated flooring in the bathroom

If you have to walk through the bathroom to the walk-in closet, I'd be concerned about moisture from bath/showers unless if there's a window in the bathroom that's kept open.

I used to own a condo in Placentia with carpeted bathroom with no window.  Worse idea ever.

I like wood floors upstairs, but carpet is just so comfortable in bedrooms. I'd go carpet in bedroom and again in closest. Seems like a waste to spend the money to put tile into the closet in general (only way I'd say to do it is if you were putting tile / wood throughout your upstairs). 

Not sure if this changes things but my house is single story.  I am leaning towards carpet in the bedrooms and walk-in closet, which is what I have in my current home.  Feels so nice to put your feet on carpet getting out of bed. 

Back