What does Irvine have against Mexican food?

Loco_local

Where can I get a good breakfast burrito other than Carl's jr or Jack n the Box?

Actually what I really want is a place like the Taleo Grill that went out of business. They had the best carnitas and fish tacos.

Loco_local said:
Where can I get a good breakfast burrito other than Carl's jr or Jack n the Box?

Actually what I really want is a place like the Taleo Grill that went out of business. They had the best carnitas and fish tacos.

Gotta head to tustin. I like el Toro bravo off 5 and Redhill.

Do the majority of Asians in Irvine like Mexican food. I don't think it's high on the majority's list. Plus the Mexicans don't want to pay the high irvine company's rents.

Loco_local said:

I'm sure there is something in Santa Ana.

qwerty said:
Do the majority of Asians in Irvine like Mexican food. I don't think it's high on the majority's list. Plus the Mexicans don't want to pay the high irvine company's rents.

Asians love Mexican food. It has a similar taste profile to Asian food (lots of hot spice, onions, garlic, cilantro, braised meats, rice, offal, etc.). The scarcity of Mexican food in Irvine has a lot more to do with low margins and high rents.

I am so sick of this high rent mierda. I want some decent food from a restaurant whose profits go into the quality of the food and not a billionaire's pocket. Seriously, how much money do people need?  You can't take it all with you. What are you looking for?  A tombstone with tour networth written on it?

Loco_local said:
I am so sick of this high rent mierda. I want some decent food from a restaurant whose profits go into the quality of the food and not a billionaire's pocket. Seriously, how much money do people need?  You can't take it all with you. What are you looking for?  A tombstone with tour networth written on it?

I just yelped Mexican food located in Irvine. If you don't like any of those options, you can either make your own breakfast burrito (like I do) or drive to a near by city like Santa Ana or Tustin.

I don't know, but maybe this is more than a Mexican food option issue.  (Just guessing)

Nates Korner is just on the other side of the 55 on sunflower and main. So not the real Santa Ana and pretty close.

Asians love Mexican food.

No wonder the Asian women would line up for my chorizo burrito :)

nate's corner

Thanks for that suggestion. I must have driven by that place hundreds of times (i used to buy strawberries across the street back in the days when it actually rained in winter) , but I never bothered to stop.

if you don't like any of those options, you can either make your own breakfast burrito

I didn't have the ingrediants and I rarely buy sausage or bacon unless there are other people here to eat it. I was just craving Mexican food this morning and could't think of a place nearby.

Now where can I get good fish tacos?

Mariscos Mocorito off of Katella is good for fish taco.
I use to like the grilled swordfish taco, but after going there for about a year now, the regular fish taco is better.
http://mariscosmocorito.com/

Clientele is 90% Latino.

tim said:
Chronic Tacos?
Both good breakfast burritos and fish tacos.

California Fish Grill also has good fish tacos (but no cheese :( ).

I like Rubio's fist tacos the best actually (and Del Taco's fish tacos aren't bad either).

You can also get a breakfast burrito at Knowlwood's.

Stacks and Da Luau also has breakfast burritos (you can even get them with Spam!).

irvinehomeowner said:
tim said:
Chronic Tacos?
Both good breakfast burritos and fish tacos.

California Fish Grill also has good fish tacos (but no cheese :( ).

I like Rubio's fist tacos the best actually (and Del Taco's fish tacos aren't bad either.

Fist tacos??  Yuck.

Loco_local said:
if you don't like any of those options, you can either make your own breakfast burrito

I didn't have the ingrediants and I rarely buy sausage or bacon unless there are other people here to eat it.

If I may make a suggestion: Make a batch and stick it in the freezer just like in the Tasty video shown below. I sometimes make a whole bunch at once (minus the potatoes because I think potatoes in tortillas taste disgusting). You can do ANY variation you want. I make them exactly like this, rolled up in parchment paper, put in a bag, and they freeze well. It's easy to heat them up. I write up the reheating instructions on a piece of paper and stick it inside the bag so anyone would know how without asking you. I'm the only one who likes Mexican food in my house so I find this the easiest way without inconveniencing other people. It's not a waste if it eventually gets eaten.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itjjOydIgKk

SoCal said:
Loco_local said:

I didn't have the ingrediants and I rarely buy sausage or bacon unless there are other people here to eat it.

If I may make a suggestion: Make a batch and stick it in the freezer just like in the Tasty video shown below. I sometimes make a whole bunch at once (minus the potatoes because I think potatoes in tortillas taste disgusting). You can do ANY variation you want. I make them exactly like this, rolled up in parchment paper, put in a bag, and they freeze well. It's easy to heat them up. I write up the reheating instructions on a piece of paper and stick it inside the bag so anyone would know how without asking you. I'm the only one who likes Mexican food in my house so I find this the easiest way without inconveniencing other people. It's not a waste if it eventually gets eaten.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itjjOydIgKk

I completely agree So cal. It's not that hard to make.

Back