What do I need to play Softball?

Shooby_IHB

Ok, I used to be a baseball player, however now that I'm a bit older, I'm about to join a co-ed softball league.

Problem is, I don't have any equipment. Anyone know what I need to go buy?

Glove, batting glove, I'm assuming tshirt shorts will do, sneakers (good enough?) protector cup???

I have no idea.

Coed softball teams are pretty casual and a lot of fun. A glove is pretty much all you need. Can't really see a need for a protector cup and you probably shouldn't ask that of the guys on your team unless you like being laughed at. Have fun.

I recommend getting rubber cleats. Having that extra traction can help you avoid a twisted ankle or some nasty scrapes.

T!M, So if your opponents are gonna wear cleats then that brings us back to whether or not a Cup is neccessary...

Having been kicked a couple of times by a mad opponents in the "Gentlemen's region" whilst playing Football in England I can deffinately say it helps :sick:

I?m thinking I should have taken up Softball instead of Cycling, it?s a hell of a lot cheaper!!

Remember to buy a Softball glove. One guy on our team showed up with a youth baseball glove...he couldn't catch anything. He also had to find out if he was right or left handed...brutal

Back