West Irvine no HOA and very low MR

cause its the slums of Irvine (Sarcasm)

I love west irvine, almost as much as tustin ranch or northwood pointe

In all seriousness, i believe it is because it is supposed to be the "value" area of the new homes built at the time.  Northpark is supposed to be the upper end of the two.  Since I have never really used Northpark's amenities, I can't say what is in them for sure besides the gate.  Someone else can fill you in on how many pools they have.

If I can remember correctly... West Irvine was not a TIC development. So depending on where the builders built and what... there was or was not an HOA.

Westpark II is not West Irvine

In any event, the area with no HOA is the older area which I think is off of champion.  The newer homes built circa 2001 part of the association pay $55. 

West Irvine is nice, but is viewed as the Irvine ghetto as far as newer builds are concerned.  Even though the schools are the same (except elementary) for the most part as Northpark, Northpark is much more in demand.    Definitely not as many parks as northpark, but i think its nice nonetheless. 

West Irvine location is great but many streets look bare with no trees and very little curb appeal.  Just drive through West Irvine and then drive through Northpark and ask yourself what looks nicer.  I dont like HOAs but I like how neighborhoods with HOAs look :/

There are three different sections of "West Irvine" which are all distinct.

Section one is what people commonly refer to as "West Irvine." It is bounded by Jamboree, the 261, Irvine Blvd, and Trevino, and is within the HOA zoning. All of the condos and SFRs here pay $55/month for community upkeep, which includes mainly the community pool, tennis courts, landscaping, streets, and lighting.

Section two is actually called "Independence" and does not have an HOA. It is the section bounded by Jamboree, the 261, Trevino, and Portola. There are a couple of parks, which are city maintained, but residents in this section do not have access to a community pool.

Section three is the only gated section of West Irvine, and is called "Sheridan." the boundaries of this section are Portola, Jamboree, the 261, and the OC Fire Authority Facilities. HOA dues for this section are at $140/month for the master since there are fewer homes to spread the fixed costs over.  Sheridan has its own pool and amenities within the gates.

I am admittedly biased towards West Irvine, as I live, own, and specialize in this area. If you've got questions, feel free to PM me.
-IrvineRealtor

IrvineRealtor said:
There are three different sections of "West Irvine" which are all distinct.

Section one is what people commonly refer to as "West Irvine." It is bounded by Jamboree, the 261, Irvine Blvd, and Trevino, and is within the HOA zoning. All of the condos and SFRs here pay $55/month for community upkeep, which includes mainly the community pool, tennis courts, landscaping, streets, and lighting.

Section two is actually called "Independence" and does not have an HOA. It is the section bounded by Jamboree, the 261, Trevino, and Portola. There are a couple of parks, which are city maintained, but residents in this section do not have access to a community pool.

Section three is the only gated section of West Irvine, and is called "Sheridan." the boundaries of this section are Portola, Jamboree, the 261, and the OC Fire Authority Facilities. HOA dues for this section are at $140/month for the master since there are fewer homes to spread the fixed costs over.  Sheridan has its own pool and amenities within the gates.

I am admittedly biased towards West Irvine, as I live, own, and specialize in this area. If you've got questions, feel free to PM me.
-IrvineRealtor

good point IR.  we like sheridan and there are some streets that look really nice.  this is the type of street i was referring to and not all WI is like this:http://g.co/maps/yzzu- it feels so bare and desolate

Independence was built by Lewis Homes, but finished if I recall correctly by KB Homes when they bought them out. Lewis was a solid builder.

(Ed. as noted below there were other builders in the general Independence tract. My mistake.)

My .02c

Soylent Green Is People.

Soylent Green Is People said:
Independence was built by Lewis Homes, but finished if I recall correctly by KB Homes when they bought them out. Lewis was a solid builder.

My .02c

Soylent Green Is People.
The floorplan that I like was built by Centex.

USCTrojanCPA said:

My .02c

Soylent Green Is People.

Are you sure about Lewis/Centex/KB homes?
I know for a fact at least some of the homes in Independence were built by FieldStone

LAtoOC said:
Can anyone explain to me why this is called West Irvine as opposed to North or even EAST Irvine?

Irvine Ranch is treating the ocean is located "South". So you have "North"wood and "North"Park (east from the Ocean) and "West" Irvine, west of Northwood and North Park

akula1488 said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

My .02c

Soylent Green Is People.

Are you sure about Lewis/Centex/KB homes?
I know for a fact at least some of the homes in Independence were built by FieldStone
I obtained that information by going to the property detail for some homes that I was looking up in West Irvine.  A few of the homes had sellers who were the original owners and the seller was Centex.

The builder depends on the tract.

Tract Name            Builder
-------------------------------------------
Amberwood Fieldstone
Barrington Fieldstone
Briarwood Fieldstone
Concord                  Fieldstone
Glen Willows Centex Homes
Heritage                 Lewis Homes
Ivywood               California Pacific Homes
Legacy               Lewis Homes
Liberty               Lewis Homes
Sheridan Square California Pacific Homes
Traditions Lewis Homes
Wisteria                 California Pacific Homes

Independence is composed of Traditions, Liberty, Legacy, and Heritage.

null said:
The builder depends on the tract.

Tract Name            Builder
-------------------------------------------
Amberwood Fieldstone
Barrington Fieldstone
Briarwood Fieldstone
Concord                  Fieldstone
Glen Willows Centex Homes
Heritage                 Lewis Homes
Ivywood               California Pacific Homes
Legacy               Lewis Homes
Liberty               Lewis Homes
Sheridan Square California Pacific Homes
Traditions Lewis Homes
Wisteria                 California Pacific Homes

Independence is composed of Traditions, Liberty, Legacy, and Heritage.
And Glen Willows

Is Glen Willows part of Independence? Just the name alone doesn't seem to go along with Traditions, Liberty, Legacy and Heritage... who all share the same builder... Lewis.

irvinehomeowner said:
Is Glen Willows part of Independence? Just the name alone doesn't seem to go along with Traditions, Liberty, Legacy and Heritage... who all share the same builder... Lewis.
Yup, the home on Windarbor that I bid on is a Glen Willows floor plan.

Back