Water rationing: limit of 50 gallons per person per day

lnc

No more long showers if the state declare stage one water emergency. :( 

Millions of Californians are about to be hit with strict water rationing -- daily "allocation" numbers that represent the maximum amount of water you're allowed to use for any purpose. Households that exceed the allocation limit will face stiff fines of hundreds of dollars per violation.

The Irvine Ranch Water District allows 50 gallons of "indoor" water consumption per person in the home

As the IRWD website explains, those water consumers who the government deems to be "wasteful" will be charged 160% or higher rates for water consumption. This is on top of the $500 fines for each violation, as has now been approved by the state.
http://www.naturalnews.com/047061_water_rationing_California_drought.html#

so we pay outrageously high home prices and now we have to ration water?  i think that article is right. ill be taking my talents to somewhere where it rains.

The restriction is probably only affecting the 99%er, you should see how the rich like Oprah does it. 

wealthy folks figured out some big-time workarounds, like calling a polo field an agricultural area and having water trucked in from nearby towns. Oprah, for instance, has cut water usage in half at her 40-acre estate?which she calls the Promised Land?by using well water, taking advantage of "a small lake," and taking in massive tanker-truck shipments of water every day before 7 am,
http://la.curbed.com/archives/2014/...drought_water_to_massive_montecito_estate.php

this just gives more incentives for the builders to give you less rear yards, common areas and fewer pools. heck they will throw in solar roof for free for the things you lose

test said:
How do they differentiate between indoor and outdoor there is only 1 meter.

they are not going to.  the outside is already on an allocation, they will just add the new 50 gallon/person allocation to that.

Everytime there is a message about saving water, something happens in the Los Angeles area that makes me think, I didn't take a bath for 3 days for this???

20 million gallons+ of water wasted at UCLA.
Another pipe bursts in West Hollywood, 6 hours to patch but thousands of gallons wasted

Back