Water Filtration System

Posting and update here about Diamond Pure.  It's been almost 1 year since my system was installed.  No issues.  I got a post card in the mail that reminded me it was time for a check up.  I called them and they came the same week because once of their techs was in the area.  I would have been ok if they came 1 month later or whenever.

Gabe shows up at my door and does the inspection.  The system is checked for leaks, proper shut off, make sure the softener is working properly, water is test, and the reverse osmosis filters are changed out.

Absolutely love their service and how efficient and nice they are.  You are left with instructions to drain out the RO water tank twice.  Something was off after I did this (maybe not draining it completely the 2nd time) and I drained it a 3rd time.  That did the trick, RO water is back tasting Diamond Pure.

The entire service costs $170 which I found to be reasonable for the work performed and the time spent.  I really don't mind buying salt as I need it.  The brand I use is at Lowe's.

SureSoft 40lb Salt Solar Crystal for $6.  It's 100% Natural and extra course.  I picked this brand because it was course like the brand Diamond Pure used.  I think it was South Bay Salt Works in San Diego (50lb) but I couldn't find it in the stores.

I stayed away from the Morton's brand because some people posted they found rocks with their salt.  So far SureSoft has worked for me and the 40lb bags are easier for me to handle.

I am so glad I got the system installed.  Hair, skin, and clothes are much better with this water.  The biggest plus is not having to buy water weekly and dealing with the plastic bottles.

Back