Warranty Issues with Irvine Pacific?

snut100

Has anyone had any issues requesting warranty service for their new homes?  I am getting such a snippy attitude about things, I am ready to just hire someone myself to deal with the issues and sue them for the expense of the repair and for breach of contract.  Or course, before I do this, I will write them a letter and request that they fix my house OR I will do it myself and sent them the bill.

It's a known fact that they get very hostile with you if you dare use an outside contractor.  Why is it my problem that my contractor found so many "quality" issues with the home that they failed to find themselves in the first place?

I had one of their "hired handyman" over to my place recently for only 2 hours.  Then they try and blast me and claim the handyman was there for over 1/2 of the day!  Jeez, during the 1st hour, they called him away to look at some other defect for 30 minutes which means I only got 1.5 hours of work done.

Then they had the nerve to tell me that they will come back later in the week and if it's ok if they let themselves in my house since they still had a copy of the key.  I said, "hell no," I already had my locks re-keyed and I know you will be there the entire time watching the handyman but your track record on spotting things is poor.

So before you move into your new house and during the final walk through.

1.  Demand any flaws be fixed BEFORE you move in.
2.  No detail is too small to over look.
3.  Demand that you want these items taken care of and that you are serious.
4.  Tell them they these things should not be overlooked and you will call them if not fixed prior to move in.

They will try and downplay their incompetence.  Bring cleaners to wash your bathtub and sinks on walk through day.  This will expose any chip marks that they try and cover up with white out.  The chips are there because their stupid workers wash their tools in your new tub.

Look for worn surfaces on your bathroom counters.  Touch by hand and see it it's smooth.  Otherwise, it some used re-furb special.  Inspect your floors for any scratches.

If you wait for after you move in, any scratches will be blamed on you or the movers.

So, how do you get the cleaners in during the walk-through?  Do they allow that?  Do they clean first and then the walk through?

none said:
So, how do you get the cleaners in during the walk-through?  Do they allow that?  Do they clean first and then the walk through?

You just bring it.  It's the final walk through where you stick tape everywhere.  Just don't expect them to address all the issues where the tape is.

They pretend to fix it so you are just wasting your time.  When there is a lot of tape all over your walls for the "paint drip" marks, they will remove them and say, "F it."

Nothing is clean but you may notice some polish or wax in weird places to hide the imperfections.

I've had problems getting minor repairs done, such as poorly done caulking, or some grout cracks that were repaired in the wrong color.  They are not pro-active in getting to the repairs.  I'm giving them bad feedback whenever they request it.

irvineshadow said:
I've had problems getting minor repairs done, such as poorly done caulking, or some grout cracks that were repaired in the wrong color.  They are not pro-active in getting to the repairs.  I'm giving them bad feedback whenever they request it.

Who's the guy doing your walk through?  If it's the guy named Mel...you're screwed.  Guy is a complete A-hole and will fight you on everything.  The supervisor of the walk through guys...Dennis?  Even bigger A-Hole.  If you get a guy named Scott.  He's pretty chill and if you don't go off like a lunatic and you talk to him calmly about your issues...he's pretty good at addressing a lot of the minor stuff.

Unfortunately you're at the mercy of whoever is assigned to your housing project.  If you ever have to talk with Dennis the supervisor...I highly recommend video recording that entire conversation with your phone or camera or whatever you got on you.  He will change his tone.

Back