Wallpaper Installers?

djnick

Can anyone recommend wallpaper installer? Didn't see any previous threads or mentions in the master thread. Seen a lot of wallpaper being used in many model homes. Wondering if there is a recommended vendor with a show room as well or if people mainly order them online. Seems pretty expensive per roll regardless!

Oooooo. Think long and hard about wallpaper. People generally curse their decision when they go to remove it. Yes, they make special products to remove it and yes, there are techniques and yes, it can be painted over. I realize all that. But generally speaking, it's not without headache. It fell so out of favor that some stores like Home Depot stopped carrying it altogether. If you have small children, I don't recommend it. Speaking as a former kid who would stick her fingers under the seams and tear it, let's just say paint is safer. Also if a kid draws on the wall, at least you can do touch-ups with paint. If you're going to do it, maybe just the top half of a wall above molding. Good luck!

SoCal said:
Oooooo. Think long and hard about wallpaper. People generally curse their decision when they go to remove it. Yes, they make special products to remove it and yes, there are techniques and yes, it can be painted over. I realize all that. But generally speaking, it's not without headache. It fell so out of favor that some stores like Home Depot stopped carrying it altogether. If you have small children, I don't recommend it. Speaking as a former kid who would stick her fingers under the seams and tear it, let's just say paint is safer. Also if a kid draws on the wall, at least you can do touch-ups with paint. If you're going to do it, maybe just the top half of a wall above molding. Good luck!

I hear you load and clear. I was thinking for bathroom and or accent wall for bedrooms. It just gives things so much more character than just simple color change or paint. I guess its all preference. For me every model home I saw with wallpaper I felt it gave the room so much more flavor. Where as many times they used something like just green paint on all sides of a bedroom and used a bunch of accent pillows and curtains to give it more pop which is what almost every model home does already.

bones said:
Maybe try this place at SOCO?
http://southcoastcollection.com/soco_store/farrow-ball/

I'm a fan of wallpaper.  Makes such a great impact in small doses.  While taking it down may be a pain, but honestly, which home project/re-do isn't?  If you pick something with staying power, you can probably leave it up for years without dealing with it.  Good luck!

ooh SoCo looks expensive, very "OC fancy" but thanks for the rec, will look into it. I'm also looking for specialty wall paer in small doses for highlight walls. They add so much more interest and have a true interior design touch to a home. But I need to add all the crown molding and wainscoting before adding the wall paper.

DjNick keep us pdated if you find a good reasonably priced place that does specialty wall paper. By the time I get through with all the updating I need to before the wall paper it will likely be well into 2016  ;D

lnc said:
I think Orlando Paining does wallpaper, according to this old Interior Paint vs Wallpaper thread.

Orlando's Painting www.orlandospainting.net (714)839-1504

reviews for this are not good on yelp. I will get some quotes from others and update this thread. I may have a person come out and do some measurements and let me know how many rolls of wallpaper I need and installation costs. If its too much might not be worth doing it

Back