Wall mounted TV wiring upgrade

nytoca

Wiring/hookup for a wall mounted TV is being offered for ~$500 as an upgrade.  Seems high to me (although I don't have any experience with such TVs).  Is is possible to put up a TV without getting this upgrade?  I assume that there will be visible wires for cable and electricity running up the wall?
Any help for this novice is appreciated!

I'm usually against upgrades, but if it's not a standard feature, I'd consider just doing it.  If you are handy with tools than you can consider doing it yourself.  Otherwise, there's quite a bit of work involved.  For me, it would be a lot of drywall cutting and wire routing to get the wiring exactly how I'd want it. 

Also, you should double check and see what type of wiring is included.  I have 4 HDMI cables running to the back of my TV.  If I had to separately run, and pay for the ability to hide all that wiring, I'd be kind of pissed as well... 

We are now told that the $500 charge is to have the connections for the wall mounted TV in any room other than the living room.  But it gets better.  In the living room there is a cable connection on the wall for the TV.  But in order to have an electric outlet with it, its $100.  Defies logic that you would have a standard cable outlet on a wall, but electricity is extra. ???.  Oh the things you learn buying a home!

Back