Vote, will we be up? or down?

So far based on votes there is a 33% chance tha the markets will go down, 33% to go up, and 33% to stay flat.

Thanks a lot guys...

[quote author="BlackVault CM" date=1235565503]So far based on votes there is a 33% chance tha the markets will go down, 33% to go up, and 33% to stay flat.

Thanks a lot guys...</blockquote>

You should be estatic. That's a trader's market.

[quote author="BlackVault CM" date=1235565503]So far based on votes there is a 33% chance tha the markets will go down, 33% to go up, and 33% to stay flat.

Thanks a lot guys...</blockquote>Anything for you, bro.

Thanks for the tally. If you don't vote you can't see the results.... My dart in the dark landed on down a bit, but didn't think a dart should have voting privelages.

[quote author="awgee" date=1235566360][quote author="BlackVault CM" date=1235565503]So far based on votes there is a 33% chance tha the markets will go down, 33% to go up, and 33% to stay flat.

Thanks a lot guys...</blockquote>Anything for you, bro.</blockquote>

When are we going to crash some K1 carts!?!?

[quote author="awgee" date=1235564645]I do not have a clue as to what the market will do tomorrow.</blockquote>

If you don't, no one does. My guess is down - BHO's speech did nothing to assuage those who fear/sense nationalization of BofA/Citi. That's my two cents - probably worth 0.5 cents.

[quote author="No_Such_Reality" date=1235566162][quote author="BlackVault CM" date=1235565503]So far based on votes there is a 33% chance tha the markets will go down, 33% to go up, and 33% to stay flat.

You should be estatic. That's a trader's market.</blockquote>

Hehe yes in theory. However, I got myself in a pickle forcing me to do things I shouldn't be doing. (using too much leverage)

Got some rope with todays bounce...but I'm hoping that tomorrow I don't hang myself with it.

I vote for fairly flat. It wants to go down but it also wants to believe Obama because the alternatives are so horrible. (yes, I realize it's not really an "it")

[quote author="2dogs1cup" date=1235566705][quote author="awgee" date=1235564645]I do not have a clue as to what the market will do tomorrow.</blockquote>

If you don't, no one does. My guess is down - BHO's speech did nothing to assuage those who fear/sense nationalization of BofA/Citi. That's my two cents - probably worth 0.5 cents.</blockquote>

Do you think the market is fearing nationalization? Or are the banks fearing nationalization? I really don't know myself.

I'm leaning towards banks fearing it though and the fact that the market wants it. Nationalization could lead to finally knowing what these banks are truly holding. The faster we know that, the faster we can determine fair value for the S&P.

[quote author="no_vaseline" date=1235566966]I vote robusto, unless Geitner gets near a camera, then we're dead.</blockquote>

Oh yeah. I'm 100% with you on that one. If it was Geithner, I wouldn't even have an Up and Flat. It would just be a one vote button for DOWN and then state how many pts per second!

[quote author="BlackVault CM" date=1235566744][quote author="No_Such_Reality" date=1235566162][quote author="BlackVault CM" date=1235565503]So far based on votes there is a 33% chance tha the markets will go down, 33% to go up, and 33% to stay flat.

You should be estatic. That's a trader's market.</blockquote>

Hehe yes in theory. However, I got myself in a pickle forcing me to do things I shouldn't be doing. (using too much leverage)

Got some rope with todays bounce...but I'm hoping that tomorrow I don't hang myself with it.</blockquote>

Sell Vlasic.

As a side note, I didn't realize they'd gone private. A nice little group of holdings for their current well know owners. <a href="http://www.pinnaclefoodscorp.com/public/investors/index.htm">->link.</a>

[quote author="tmare" date=1235566804]I vote for fairly flat. It wants to go down but it also wants to believe Obama because the alternatives are so horrible. (yes, I realize it's not really an "it")</blockquote>

The market is afraid there isn't another step down...

[quote author="BlackVault CM" date=1235566893][quote author="2dogs1cup" date=1235566705][quote author="awgee" date=1235564645]I do not have a clue as to what the market will do tomorrow.</blockquote>

If you don't, no one does. My guess is down - BHO's speech did nothing to assuage those who fear/sense nationalization of BofA/Citi. That's my two cents - probably worth 0.5 cents.</blockquote>

Do you think the market is fearing nationalization? Or are the banks fearing nationalization? I really don't know myself.

I'm leaning towards banks fearing it though and the fact that the market wants it. Nationalization could lead to finally knowing what these banks are truly holding. The faster we know that, the faster we can determine fair value for the S&P.</blockquote>

I think the market, by nature, always fears nationalization. More than anything else, it fears the unknown - e.g the lack of transparency. To that end, the lack of transparency, especially with financial firms, seems to be a key factor in the decline in their stock price.

But then again, if I knew anything, I wouldn't have taken the beating I did this past year.

Back