Vote on Thanks functionality

caycifish_IHB

Some changes are coming to the Thankful People functionality(yep, Z, I overcame the major hurdle last night), so I wanted to get a feel for folks' opinions on a possible small change.

What do you think?

People are used to it in one place. Moving it would upset the order of things and lead to a disaster of biblical proportions

<object width="325" height="250"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/youtube" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="325" height="250"></embed></object>

[quote author="no_vaseline" date=1254039473]What we need is a "no thanks" button. Can you work on that?</blockquote>

Talk about a disaster of biblical proportions!

[quote author="no_vaseline" date=1254039473]What we need is a "no thanks" button. Can you work on that?</blockquote>

Can I? Yes.

Will I? Unlikely.

Adding something that adds negativity to the forums would be at the very bottom of my list. And I'd probably call it the "Way Lame" button.

Anywho, I only am asking about the link placement because of the times I read a post and then have to scroll back up to the top to thank the poster.

[quote author="caycifish" date=1254045386][quote author="no_vaseline" date=1254039473]What we need is a "no thanks" button. Can you work on that?</blockquote>

Can I? Yes.

Will I? Unlikely.

Adding something that adds negativity to the forums would be at the very bottom of my list. And I'd probably call it the "Way Lame" button.

Anywho, I only am asking about the link placement because of the times I read a post and then have to scroll back up to the top to thank the poster.</blockquote>

Maybe on the same line, but opposite side of the "Quote" button?

I think the subdued nature and placement of the existing thanks is perfect. It encourages thought and active decision to say "thanks".

A regular large button like the quote button on bottom encourages impulse thanking just like candy in the checkout.

[quote author="Astute Observer" date=1254058301]How about a "Triple Thanx" and "Double Thanx" and a "Mega Thanx" button so that some of us don't have to heck the link?</blockquote>

Sorry folks, but one of the changes is closing that loophole.

Can we add special designations beyond "Custom Estate" for post counts over 3,000? Maybe 3,000-3,999 = Beach Front Estate then 4,000-4,999 = Paradise Island and then 5,000+ = Superstar?

[quote author="caycifish" date=1254102475][quote author="Astute Observer" date=1254058301]How about a "Triple Thanx" and "Double Thanx" and a "Mega Thanx" button so that some of us don't have to heck the link?</blockquote>

Sorry folks, but one of the changes is closing that loophole.</blockquote>

If we had a "No Thanks" option, I would have just used it. %-P

[quote author="USCTrojanCPA" date=1254105433]Can we add special designations beyond "Custom Estate" for post counts over 3,000? Maybe 3,000-3,999 = Beach Front Estate then 4,000-4,999 = Paradise Island and then 5,000+ = Superstar?</blockquote>

It should be ranked by housing cost so the next designation should be Irvine detached condos.

[quote author="Minimorty" date=1254184892]I seem not to have a "Thanks" option. Also, I am not able to see who has been thanked....</blockquote>

You just need to change your theme. Down at the bottom the page there is a drop down menu. Select "IHB" or some of the other options, then you should be able to thank and see the thanks from people.

[quote author="graphrix" date=1254204605][quote author="Minimorty" date=1254184892]I seem not to have a "Thanks" option. Also, I am not able to see who has been thanked....</blockquote>

You just need to change your theme. Down at the bottom the page there is a drop down menu. Select "IHB" or some of the other options, then you should be able to thank and see the thanks from people.</blockquote>

The fact that it wasn't implemented for all themes is also an issue that is getting fixed.

Back