Vista Vallarta by Shea Homes in Aliso Viejo

happybob_IHB

After looking in Irvine for a while, I'm starting to feel like there's no good deal to be found. We were looking at Woodbury, VOC, Portola Springs, Quail Hills, etc, prices are only becoming more and more ridiculous even in this bad economy. Recently decided to start looking outside Irvine, and stumbled upon the new Vista Vallarta community by Shea Homes in Aliso Viejo Country Club. I liked the plans better than Serra at Portola Springs! I was surprised to see that even though prices are lower than equivalent homes in Irvine, but not by as much as I had expected. Anyone else visited this new community? Opinions? There are a couple old threads on other nearby communities by Shea Homes, but no recent update. Anyone knows if Shea Homes is offering any incentives on these homes?

<a href="http://www.sheahomes.com/main.cfm?dir=findahome&subsec=overview&temp=communityoverview&communityid=1020">Vista Vallarta at Glenwood</a>

Thanks for the link. I've seen the web site, and actually toured the model homes, but didn't get a chance to talk to the sales people extensively. Just wondering if anyone else had looked into this community and talked to the sales people.

I like its floorplan, great view and relative big lot. The yard with view faces east, so not hot in summer. Most view houses in AV has a yard facing west.

I don't think you are required to pay aquatic center fee. However, the community does not have pool, the aquatic center is inside the community but you have to pay.

I remember mello roos is about $6000/year, high but similar to Irvine, for example, woodbury. Other than the small parks inside the communities, there is a bigger park close by with tennis, basketball field. In general, the community amenity in AV is not as good as Irvine. Schools are good, but not in walking distance. There are school buses but they are cutting routes due to budget reduction, so not guaranteed forever. I agree the price appears not much lower than woodbury & portola, but it is bigger with nice view and bigger lot.

Back