Vinyl flooring under kitchen sink?

ps99472

Old idea but new to me..  the cabinet under the kitchen sink will eventually have water damage, whether from pipes, drains, etc. or some sort of chemical stain from all the toxic stuff we keep there.  My current contractor recommend a seemingly great idea that I never thought of.. put in some waterproof flooring underneath the sink above the particle board/plywood floorboard.  I got some $1 12'x12' vinyl tiles from home depot and gonna put them in later today.  Cost around $8.  Probably won't consider real tile, since that would be hard to demo when the time comes.  What do you guys think?  When's the last time you checked underneath your kitchen sink?  This might be a good idea for all under sink cabinets if you got rental property. 

Good idea! I use the shelf liners, but this is easy- and just wipe and clean, no need to remove :)
Thinking loud- can I do it for all kitchen and bathroom drawers/ shelves!? Better than changing liners every now and then..

Consider the thick plastic liners which is cheaper than flooring and easier to cut but also more wipe-able than paper shelf lining.

Back