Villages of Columbus - Columbus Square - Camden Place

[quote author="MojoJD" date=1250823667]there are actually a few inches of air, no material touching whatsoever, between the layers. i had fun with my wife going into one model and yelling/stomping around while on the cell phone with her, while she stood in the other unit. we were impressed.</blockquote>

We share one wall (Plan 3) and we can only hear the neighbor if they're running/stomping up the stairs. I would say that noise seeping through the walls shouldn't even be a concern for Camden Place. However, because the area's so dense, noise from neighbors is an issue - it just comes in when your windows are open, as opposed to through the walls. The hieght of the buildings tends to channel/magnify the street noise too.

Does anyone have an idea of what we can do with old shades? We bought shades for each window (Plan 3) two years ago, but replaced those with shutters recently. The shades were around $1,200, so it feels wasteful to throw them away. How can I find them a home?

Perspective you might find a home for the shades on Craigslist. Or try posting a note on the front door of units like your own (Plan 3) in the community.

[quote author="Perspective" date=1250902726]

We share one wall (Plan 3) and we can only hear the neighbor if they're running/stomping up the stairs.

</blockquote>

Insulation can't block low frequency sounds (like feet stomping), to do that you'll need to pour concrete. One of the advantages high rise condos have over low rise condos.

I've heard my neighbor blaring his music, it's rather annoying to only hear the bass. If I'm going to hear music, I'd much rather hear the entire song so I know what he's listening to. Otherwise, it's just tones.

Besides foot stomping and bass, I'm pretty happy with the construction of Camden. Now if that love-making couple across the way would shut their window at night...

It looks like the models are being prepared for sale. Does anyone have any info or pricing? The signs no longer identify each Plan. The models have great direct views of the park - that should more than make up for being on a street that's fairly busy.

[quote author="Perspective" date=1251156595]It looks like the models are being prepared for sale. Does anyone have any info or pricing? The signs no longer identify each Plan. The models have great direct views of the park - that should more than make up for being on a street that's fairly busy.</blockquote>

Plan 3 going for $559,000

<a href="http://www.redfin.com/CA/Tustin/1454-Montgomery-St-92782/home/12253422">http://www.redfin.com/CA/Tustin/1454-Montgomery-St-92782/home/12253422</a>

[quote author="asianinvasian" date=1252985577][quote author="Perspective" date=1251156595]It looks like the models are being prepared for sale. Does anyone have any info or pricing? The signs no longer identify each Plan. The models have great direct views of the park - that should more than make up for being on a street that's fairly busy.</blockquote>

Plan 3 going for $559,000

<a href="http://www.redfin.com/CA/Tustin/1454-Montgomery-St-92782/home/12253422">http://www.redfin.com/CA/Tustin/1454-Montgomery-St-92782/home/12253422</a></blockquote>

Is it brand new? If so, why is this on the redfin pagE?

Property History for 1454 Montgomery St

Date Event Price Appreciation Source

Sep 13, 2009 Listed $559,000 -- SoCalMLS #P703064

Aug 01, 2006 Sold $577,500 -- Public Records

[quote author="Shooby" date=1254180402]Seriously, I was just about to say something. Last month I paid $180 + $133. This month, $240 + $129. wtf?</blockquote>
It's because of all those people who aren't paying their association bills.

We were considering buying in Camden. The issue being that we couldn't move in till February and if interest rates change we're still locked in and unable to get our $10k deposit back. Only other area of concern is that we have three cars and our options were either to buy on Severyn or near the models. Near the models I have a feeling parking for guests and for the third car is going to be limited especially when they build on all that land next to them. Severyn's is nice if they ever start construction of the park across the street.

[quote author="sonicko" date=1254190873]We were considering buying in Camden. The issue being that we couldn't move in till February and if interest rates change we're still locked in and unable to get our $10k deposit back. Only other area of concern is that we have three cars and our options were either to buy on Severyn or near the models. Near the models I have a feeling parking for guests and for the third car is going to be limited especially when they build on all that land next to them. Severyn's is nice if they ever start construction of the park across the street.</blockquote>

Parking is already an issue near the models. A neighbor across from me who uses their garage as an entertainment facility has four cars and two Harleys - which means they have three cars parked outside of their garage. I've complained to the property management company to no avail. I also see "repeat/homeowner" cars parked in guest parkings spots regularly. I know they're homeowners' cars because they're the same cars every day for months.

With more people working from home/unemployed, i've seen a lot of these cars in the same spots for days. Personally we have three cars, but I fit two into the garage (my roommate gets a spot) However certain cars are there all day/week.

I mean seriously, you can't fit a harley in the garage?

On that note, this association is seriously a joke. (I'm sure this is common with other associations). We've repeatedly made notice of the parking issues that are growing with each phase release, stucco's are continuing to crack, the fences are getting grayer each month, neighbors are throwing trash in other's cans, and the fees are going up.

Get what you pay for I guess.

[quote author="Perspective" date=1254192919][quote author="sonicko" date=1254190873]We were considering buying in Camden. The issue being that we couldn't move in till February and if interest rates change we're still locked in and unable to get our $10k deposit back. Only other area of concern is that we have three cars and our options were either to buy on Severyn or near the models. Near the models I have a feeling parking for guests and for the third car is going to be limited especially when they build on all that land next to them. Severyn's is nice if they ever start construction of the park across the street.</blockquote>

Parking is already an issue near the models. A neighbor across from me who uses their garage as an entertainment facility has four cars and two Harleys - which means they have three cars parked outside of their garage. I've complained to the property management company to no avail. I also see "repeat/homeowner" cars parked in guest parkings spots regularly. I know they're homeowners' cars because they're the same cars every day for months.</blockquote>

OOps, sorry. Let me stop reading IHB posts and move my car to another spot. Be right back.

Back