Villages of Columbus - Columbus Square - Camden Place

i was there today taking a look at the residence 3's available on discount this weekend. new price sheet says prices are effective 10/19:

residence 1: $434k

residence 2: $434k

residence 3: $489k (supposedly there is only one or two left)

phase 10 is on the greenbelt between camden and meriwether, so i'm not sure if the greenbelt location warrants the 30k difference from phase 8's closeout price of $459. what do you think?

and yes, they have said future phases after 10 are on hold until 2008 (no specifics given).

<p>myfirsthome,</p>

<p>Are residence 1 and 2 inventory from phase 9 or are they for phase 10, because there's no added premium for the greenbelt?</p>

<p />

<p>it's basically a belt of grass/park between houses that usually has a walkway. in this case, the camden/meriwether greenbelt leads to a small community park with a half bball court and playground. i personally like it because it's nice for walking the dog or jogging. </p>

<p>you can see the greenbelt on a map here:

<a href="http://www.villagesofcolumbus.com/columbus_square.php?page=villages&subPage=columbus_square">http://www.villagesofcolumbus.com/columbus_square.php?page=villages&subPage=columbus_square</a>

(it's the thin strip of green between camden and meriwether. there's also one between camden and cambridge.)

</p>

myfirsthome

So did you check to see if any of the $459K plan 3s fell out? Are there any of those left? What is the chance that you might pull the trigger this weekend?

<p>Prices as of 10/19/2007</p>

<p>Plan 1) 434,000</p>

<p>Plan 2) 464,000</p>

<p>Plan 3) 489,000</p>

<p>According to the reservation map, only phase 10 units are left, 0 for plan 1, 4 for plan 2, 1 for plan 3.</p>

<p>Prices as of 10/22/2007</p>

<p>Plan 1) SOLD OUT</p>

<p>Plan 2) 434,000</p>

<p>Plan 3) SOLD OUT</p>

<p>Got some housing email spam from Lennar today</p>

<p> Unwrap Homeownership Opportunities

New homes are priced to sell for November 21, 2007 closings.</p>

<p>Luxury townhomes are now available for November move-in at Meriwether at Columbus Square. </p>

<p> Excellent location within the master-planned

community of the Villages of Columbus

Included GE stainless steel kitchen appliances

and refrigerator, slab granite countertops,

upgraded European wood cabinetry, and more

Visit today! Homes are priced to sell!

Plan 2

Priced from the $500s

1,706 Square Feet

3 Bedrooms, 2.5 Bathrooms

2-Bay Garage

Plan 3

Priced from the $600s

1,922 Square Feet

3 Bedrooms, 3 Bathrooms

2-Bay Garage

</p>

<p>For information on available inventory at Meriwether, please call 714-259-0478 or

Chat Now with an Internet New Home Consultant on Lennar.com.

Meriwether at Columbus Square

Welcome Home Center

15229 Columbus Square

Tustin, CA 92782

714-259-0478

</p>

<p> </p>

<p>VOC has crazy HOAs. . . must factor that in when purchasing. Also the Tustin homes have bad schools. If we were to get something in VOC, it would have to be on the Irvine side. </p>

<p>As always consult with your realtor as all real estate is local.</p>

I think the HOA for what I saw for the SFR in VOC are only slated to be $110. As the schools go, this should improve when the new Tustin High School is built.

They are building 2 new elementary/middle schools and 1 new high school.

VOC has some things going for it (e.g., lower pricing), but has crazy Mello Roos that increase by 2% every year. That's the dispositive no go for me.

Detached HOAs will always be lower than HOAs for attached product (absent some unique circumstances). The HOAs for the attached product need to pay for insuring and upkeep of the structure, HOA specific landscaping, and any common area amenities.

Back