Villages of Columbus - Columbus Grove - Cantara

<p>My wife and I really loved plan 1 and decided to stop by today to see what the current pricing looked like. Lo and behold, Cantara is officially sold out. The only thing left is 3 model homes which someone bought up and is reselling. I am really curious how much the flipper bought these 3 properties for.</p>

<p>Plan 1 - 16612 Sonara - 1,079,000

Plan 2 - 16610 Sonara - 1,129,000

Plan 3 - 16608 Sonara - 1,229,000 </p>

<p>You might be right boomben. The sales office is long gone and some signs said to go to Westbourne for more information. The owner of the 3 models was at the models trying to get people to buy the homes and he said that the 3 models were all that is left of Cantara. </p>

<p>If you don't mind sharing, how much did you pay for Plan 1?</p>

<p>Stopped by late yesterday. All three models still available through owner broker, plus Lennar is also offering one that fell through (found that out from the Lennar folks at Westbourne. The prices on the models have come down:</p>

<p>Model Prices as of 9/9/07 (without realtor and close of escrow by October 5):</p>

<p>Plan 1 - 16612 Sonora - $999,000</p>

<p>Plan 2 - 16610 Sonora - $1,019,000</p>

<p>Plan 3 - 16608 Sonora - $1,109,000</p>

<p>Offered by Lennar - Includes $50k in flooring, ready for immediate move in:</p>

<p>Plan 1A/2 - Homesite 256 - 15506 Sonora - $859,000</p>

For anyone that wants to buy into Cantara, there are two plan 3's on MLS right now. I stopped by one that recently price dropped to $970K. It has not been landscaped as yet. Owner said that without agent, he's sell it for $950K. I suspect he would take less to be free of the property... Nice big properties if you don't mind not having a driveway or much of yard.

<p>Cantara carnage continues:</p>

<p>16618 Sonora, a plan 3 which appears to have sold originally for almost $1.1M, just dropped list to $899K. Another plan 3, 3302 Laviana, one-upped them and dropped to $875K.</p>

<p>I feel sorry for 16605 Mosscreek, a plan 1, which recently came on at $899K. Larger models with 600 more sf are listed at same or lower price. They are going to have to drop to $799K just to seem somewhat reasonable.</p>

<p>I drove VoC (Columbus Grove) yesterday during lunch and the for sale signs are popping up at a very high rate. Look out below! </p>

<p> </p>

<p>16605 Mosscreek was rented to 5 college students for the last year a half.</p>

<p>They had one party after another. I heard they tore that place up.</p>

<p>799K is what they will probally get!</p>

<p>That is probably gracious boom... Maybe $750-775K if the plan 3 units sell in the $850K range. There is a lot of price competition within Columbus Grove and also from Tustin Field. You can get 3200sf Tustin Field SFR on Polaris for $850-875K with half the mello roos load. Why would someone pay $799K to pick up a plan 1 Cantara in that case with no yard and $7K of MRs?!</p>

<p>Checked out the pics on Mosscreek. Looks like they cleaned it up pretty good. Boy, bad choice to be renting out an expensive new property over the past 18 months. Hope they were profiting $5K per month somehow on that!</p>

I am new to this blog, and am looking to maybe rent one fo the homes in Columbus Grove. There are homes for lease, for example, on 22 and 42 Desert Willow. I am worried that these owners have their properties under water and may take the rent money and let the properties go into foreclosure. Any comments on what has been happening in this area? Any suggestions? Would love to hear from people "in the know" in that area! (I think it is "Alexandria")

They lowered the asking price by $1,000, like now it is going to sell!

List Price: $898,000

ZipRealty will give you up to $5,388 cash back.*

Bedrooms: 4

Full Baths: 3

Partial Baths: 0

Square Feet: 2,580

Lot Size: 5,900 Sq. Ft.

Year Built: 2007

Listing Date: 02/10/08

On Market: 68 days

Type: SFR

MLS #: S521273

Discription

Beautiful home that is priced 'just right' in the community of 'columbus grove'. Granite kitchen, steel appliances, travertine floors throughout kitchen and dinning. Spectacular master bath with jetted tub and marble floors. Great walk-in closet in master with laundry room located upstairs. Home has 2 bedrooms and master upstairs with 4th bedroom downstairs with full bath. Perfectly located and walking distance to club house. Irvine schools and close to shopping and great restaurants at the new 'district'. Ready to sell now!!

ZipRealty Price Track:

Price Reduced: 04/17/08 -- $899,000 to $898,000

On Market: 68 days

Interior Features

Laundry:

ON UPPER LEVEL

Fireplace:

USES GAS ONLY, IN FAMILY ROOM

Floor Coverings:

CARPET - PARTIAL, MARBLE, TRAVERTINE

Kitchen:

DISHWASHER, MICROWAVE, REFRIGERATOR

Dining Room:

FORMAL DINING ROOM

Family Room:

YES

Living Room:

LIVING ROOM ENTRANCE

Bedroom:

WALK-IN CLOSET

Exterior Features

Parking:

REAR ENTRY GARAGE

Pool Type:

ASSOCIATION POOL

Roof Type:

CONCRETE TILE

# of Stories:

Stories Desc.:

TWO LEVELS

Spa/Sauna:

ASSOCIATION SPA

Yard/Grounds:

PATIO; YARD ENCLOSED WITH : FULLY FENCED

Lot Size:

5,900 Sq. Ft.

Utilities

Heating:

CENTRAL

Cooling:

CENTRAL AIR

Water:

METER ON PROPERTY

Sewer:

IN STREET

Schools

School District:

IRVINE UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT

Additional Information

County:

Orange

Model Name:

RESIDENCE 1

Amenities:

PREWIRED FOR ALARM SYSTEM, CABLE TV, FRENCH DOORS

Cross Street:

HARVARD

HOA Dues:

Listing provided courtesy of:

CELESTE BARNES REAL ESTATE

[quote author="CK" date=1189442049]<p>Stopped by late yesterday. All three models still available through owner broker, plus Lennar is also offering one that fell through (found that out from the Lennar folks at Westbourne. The prices on the models have come down:</p>

<p>Model Prices as of 9/9/07 (without realtor and close of escrow by October 5):</p>

<p>Plan 1 - 16612 Sonora - $999,000</p>

<p>Plan 2 - 16610 Sonora - $1,019,000</p>

<p>Plan 3 - 16608 Sonora - $1,109,000</p>

<p>Offered by Lennar - Includes $50k in flooring, ready for immediate move in:</p>

<p>Plan 1A/2 - Homesite 256 - 15506 Sonora - $859,000</p></blockquote>

16608 Sonora, which sold in August 2006 for $1.194M, just closed for $880K. Nice 27% head shaving from peak...

VoC is getting decimated. Old Northwood homes built in the 70's are selling for higher per sf prices.

Ipopla

Do you know what 16612 Sonora sold for?

I noticed that the sales sign is now down and it looks like someone has moved in?

I know at first the owners wanted over 1Million?

thanks

[quote author="boomben" date=1213161086]Ipopla

I noticed that the sales sign is now down and it looks like someone has moved in?

thanks</blockquote>

Shows on Realist that it went to the bank under a trustee's deed at $739,500 on 5/22/08.

Very confusing entry, though.

[quote author="boomben" date=1213161086]Ipopla

thanks</blockquote>

The MLS listing still says pending sale...

Back