Villa Rosa open

profette_IHB

<p>Got an e-mail from Lennar that they are opening Villa Rosa at Woodbury tomorrow (8/11). Do you think they're serving <em>Kool-aid</em> with those cookies?</p>

<p>"New homes priced from Low $1,000,000's."

</p>

83 single-family detached homes

Approx. 2,615 to 3,161 Sq. Ft.

4 to 5 Bedrooms

3.5 to 4.5 Baths

2-Bay Expanded Garages

>

they started to sell again since two weeks ago after stopped selling last June. They dropped their price by about 60K since last June.

<p>Hey everybody!</p>

<p>Decided to check in and see how the board was doing - very impressive Zovall, IR, ISM, etc. Has anybody seen any updates in the Villa Rosa prices? Incentives? Thanks in advance... I'd taken a rest from looking in Irvine, but now I'm getting the moving bug all over again... maybe I need a gut check from IR, but the model 1 for 900's seems like an OK deal... maybe its because I had been looking at SFRs in Manhattan Beach =) recently...</p>

we looked at those lots, but my main problem is that they all back right up to trabuco road. During a lazy sunday afternoon, the road noise is not all that bad, but try the morning + evening times, and you'll listen to sweet sound of traffic. I moved here about 4 months ago, and it seems that all the new homes left in irvine fit into the following categories: next to a major artery, near high-voltage power lines, next to a dump, or across the canal from a concrete factory...

that being said, at least the villa rosa prices are around $365/sq ft. The builders realize prices have to come down, while most private sales seem to be listing in the $450/sq ft area...

Not all of them back right to Trabuco. Actually more than half of the remaining lots are NOT backed to Trabuco. If I remember correctly, they have no plan 1 in the last two phases.

<p>I went in a couple of weeks ago (can't remember what price they were selling for - 1.08M for plan 3?) but they were not offering any incentives (except for the usual closing costs if you use their lender). Have they begun offering incentives yet?</p>

irvine123 -- you're right, not all are directly on Trabuco. my loose definition is that if even if you're 5-6 houses away from the main road, you're still going to hear it. i previously had a house in santa clara, a little bit off the flight path to San Jose airport. After awhile we got used to the flight noise, but once you go away for a week or so for vacation, the noise is really obvious again. It's the little things like noise that will drive you crazy after 4-5 years in a house...

They still have 3 homes for sale (plan 1 and two-plan 2s) left over from the last release (i think the release was in august). last I checked they also were not offering a agent comission either.

Lennar / Villa Rose is not releasing another phase until Q1 of next year according to the sales office. All they have left are the three lots described by Norcal_to_socal.

Stopped by Villa Rosa today to pick up a price sheet (since I had been informed that the next phase would be released on December 1) and guess what? The sales rep said that lennar has held off - that the next phase may not be offered until mid-January... Hmm. I wonder if that has anything to do with that big sale of homes, etc., that lennar just did to (morgan stanley?) or if it has more to do with the possibility that the next phase will be lower price - and they don't want to effect the two homes that they just accepted offers on... Otherwise, as it stands, they will have one single model #1 sitting all by its lonesome for the next 6-7 weeks.

I stopped by a lennar property today and got thesame reponse. It looks like Lennar wants to try to wait the downturn out and not release anything new.

<p>Visited Villa Rosa today. The models and sales trailer were packed...Bumping into someone around every corner (I'm not kidding). Guess there is a lot of pent up demand. Next Sales Release January 12 --- Although based on the price sheet it looks like they are only offering one home in the release. I didn't wait in line for a sales assoc. to ask more details:</p>

<p>Residence One 2,615 sq ft - Temporarily Sold Out</p>

<p>Residence Two - 2,935 sq ft - Homesite 83 Plan 2B (4709 sq ft lot) - $1,082,000</p>

<p>Residence Three - 3,161 sq ft - Temporarily Sold Out</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Base Tax Rate: 1.04%</p>

<p>Mello-Roos: $6,110 per year</p>

<p>HOA: $105/mo</p>

So, lets see... wall to wall people... lots of pent-up demand... but nobody bought the last available model...seems that this gives us two options: (1) Lennar just sent out a mass advertisement (in advance of the new release) OR there is a lot of pent-up demand, and everyone is waiting on an additional price reduction... but wants to get in on the project if there is a price reduction...because I've been over there a few times in the last 2 months...and it has ususally just been me and the sales rep!

That could set the stage for the biggest prank in Irvine Housing history! Get every IHB member to show up at the grand opening of a release... and stay for hours... talking to each other about how over priced the entire thing is!

I tend to think it was the crappy weather today that had folks trolling the models. My wife and I tend to visit new homes a lot, and today was as busy as I can remember since summer 2006. Or maybe everyone else had the same idea as me --- now that we've passed the holiday, let's go see if these builders have come to their senses with some new pricing. As I noted at three different communities, revised pricing was NOT on the builder list of New Year resolutions.

CK,

The home on the pricing sheet is on Winding Way, which is among the homes released in the previous phase. That is not the home they are going to release on Jan 12th. It is also my understanding that Lennar is not negotiating much at the Villa Rose track. They released 10 homes on winding way during late summer and sold 9 of them. They also elected to delay the release until Jan. However, none has closed. By looking at the homes from outside, all of them should be ready to close in 30 to 60 days.

<p>Ok, that makes more sense. The pricing sheet is somewhat odd...announces the release Jan 12 at the top, and immediately follows that two of the three models are sold out. But I didn't hang around to clarify with the sales folks once I calculated that they had the plan 2 still at $370/sq ft. </p>

<p>One further observation I had about the traffic at both the Villa Rosa and Las Colinas models today....Most of the other shoppers seemed to be multi-generational families shopping together. Kids in the 30's, parents in their 60's --- Which is exactly who these homes seemed to be designed for, all having bedrooms on the 1st floor. Maybe that's who's buying at this price point.</p>

Back