Villa Rosa Listing for under $900,000

PANDA_IHB

<a href="http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/28-Winding-Way-92620/home/5959474">http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/28-Winding-Way-92620/home/5959474</a>

FINALLY!!! THESE BABIES ARE COMING DOWN! It is about time DAMMIT! $899,900 - ($249,900 Bubble) = $650,000 in 2012.

This Villa Rosa listing is Not a Short Sale.

You do realize this is the smallest model, and the least wanted model because the master is on the first floor. Plus, this house has no landscaping. For a little over 100k more, you can get the larger plan which Lennar is still selling a couple of them.

Quick question. Do the low-income housing residents get key fobs to the Commons? One of the reasons we will not be purchasing in Woodbury is the fact that we would be sharing the Commons with the residents of the nearby apartment communities....

It looks like from the pictures in the listing, the hardscaping is all done. Looks nice too.

Another 10K for sod and trees, that's it.

[quote author="frank69m" date=1254656644]You do realize this is the smallest model, and the least wanted model because the master is on the first floor. Plus, this house has no landscaping. For a little over 100k more, you can get the larger plan which Lennar is still selling a couple of them.</blockquote>

[quote author="frank69m" date=1254656644]You do realize this is the smallest model, and the least wanted model because the master is on the first floor. Plus, this house has no landscaping. For a little over 100k more, you can get the larger plan which Lennar is still selling a couple of them.</blockquote>

Frank, I was just noticing how the prices for Villa Rosa has finally come down $100k from their stubborn 2006 prices. I don't know if you have noticed, but Villa Rosa listings on the MLS are a rare find. I hope that we will able to see more them in the near future.

[quote author="PANDA" date=1254706840][quote author="frank69m" date=1254656644]You do realize this is the smallest model, and the least wanted model because the master is on the first floor. Plus, this house has no landscaping. For a little over 100k more, you can get the larger plan which Lennar is still selling a couple of them.</blockquote>

Frank, I was just noticing how the prices for Villa Rosa has finally come down $100k from their stubborn 2006 prices. I don't know if you have noticed, but Villa Rosa listings on the MLS are a rare find. I hope that we will able to see more them in the near future.</blockquote>
They are rare finds because I'm sure most of the owners have more debt than the properties are worth. Hence they won't be listed as a regular sale.

[quote author="Minimorty" date=1254692771]Quick question. Do the low-income housing residents get key fobs to the Commons? One of the reasons we will not be purchasing in Woodbury is the fact that we would be sharing the Commons with the residents of the nearby apartment communities....</blockquote>

Do you not want to mix with all the renter rift raft in WB? We smell just like the other Irvinites.

All the WB IAC complex residents get the Commons key fob. I am not sure about the affordable housing units at WB Walk or the new one next to WB Court (?The Arbor).

[quote author="IACRenter" date=1254727025][quote author="Minimorty" date=1254692771]Quick question. Do the low-income housing residents get key fobs to the Commons? One of the reasons we will not be purchasing in Woodbury is the fact that we would be sharing the Commons with the residents of the nearby apartment communities....</blockquote>

Do you not want to mix with all the renter rift raft in WB? We smell just like the other Irvinites.

All the WB IAC complex residents get the Commons key fob. I am not sure about the affordable housing units at WB Walk or the new one next to WB Court (?The Arbor).</blockquote>

We rented in Woodbury Place for two years and had access to the Commons. If I were a homeowner in WB and had to share my common area with people paying $1,400 a month in rent at one of the IAC complexes, I would be upset. I would be really upset if the low-income renters could share in the common area as well. Why pay $xxx in HOAs as an owner? I would just prefer to buy in an area where only the homeowners have access to the common area.

What about the homeowners who have defaulted on their dues and are using the facilities for free? At least you know the IAC renters, low-income or otherwise, are paying <em>something</em>. The homedebtors... meh, not so sure.

C'mon guys.. please don't my hijack thread. I don't care if a 5 year old kid who lives in Juliet's Balcony gets to play in the same play ground as the low-income and IAC renters' kids. All i care about is that Villa Rosa's shadow inventory is going to explode in the next 6 - 24 months.

[quote author="EvaLSeraphim" date=1254734346]What about renters of SFRs whose landlords are paying the HOAs? Should it be any different where the apartment owner pays the HOAs?</blockquote>

Great point! It really isnt any different.

However, this is just another reason why I would prefer not to live in a mixed (SFRs and apartments) community. In a community of all SFRs (yes, some of these homes are occupied by renters) all of the people living there are paying generally the same amount (not taking into account current bubble prices where it costs twice as much to own than to rent).

I would just prefer to be in a community where all of the people living there and using the facilities are paying a pro rata share. I dont like Woodbury in part because some some people pay a quarter of the amount that some of the homeowners are, but they continue to enjoy the same privileges.

sorry to hi-jack P, but another subject, but I just confirm they are building another three models on Navigator; looks like SFRs very similar to Villa Rosa; haven't been close enough to get good pics, but I should soon... They also poured another two foundations yesterday next to the La Castilla models...

OMG! I was bored and looked at this thread. Geez, I'll just take my own large lot with my own pool. All of this sounds crazy to me.

[quote author="PANDA" date=1254737308]C'mon guys.. please don't my hijack thread. I don't care if a 5 year old kid who lives in Juliet's Balcony gets to play in the same play ground as the low-income and IAC renters' kids. All i care about is that Villa Rosa's shadow inventory is going to explode in the next 6 - 24 months.</blockquote>

I agree Panda, going forward Villa Rosa and the rest of WB should see more REO activity going forward. It is a very slow process but inevitable. I wish Obama would let the RE market rip the band aid off but that is not going to happen. He and the banks are hoping for a soft landing, but all the federal intervention with interest rates and load mods just kicks the can down the road.

[quote author="roundcorners" date=1254738346]sorry to hi-jack P, but another subject, but I just confirm they are building another three models on Navigator; looks like SFRs very similar to Villa Rosa; haven't been close enough to get good pics, but I should soon... They also poured another two foundations yesterday next to the La Castilla models...</blockquote>
Please look for an L-shaped garage slab or an extra wide one... you know why... hehe.

[quote author="tmare" date=1254738578]OMG! I was bored and looked at this thread. Geez, I'll just take my own large lot with my own pool. All of this sounds crazy to me.</blockquote>
No kidding. You should go check out the Camden thread. The below post by EvaL really scared me out of buying into a place with a HOA.

<blockquote>I would suggest going around the complex and finding your violators, and taking whatever pictures you can get to document the violations. From there, I would send a letter to the management company and the board members detailing your findings, listing the specific sections of the CC&Rs; being violated, and describing how it is affecting your quality of life. In the first letter I would not suggest naming names or addresses or including the photos. Let the board and management company do their own investigation. You might offer something along the lines of ?If you need further information, please feel free to contact me.? If they do, then you might offer names, addresses, and photos. Also, go to your HOA meeting and reiterate the problems at the time allowed for owner participation. There is no need to suffer in silence. You pay your HOA dues, so put the HOA to work for you.

Of course, the caveat is you better make sure that you are in full compliance with the CC&Rs; too, because compliance cuts both ways.</blockquote>

Haven't been to WB in a while, is Villa Rosa still selling? I thought they were done with all their phases. Does anyone know what their latest pricing is/was?

RE: mixing with renters vs. owners

I am quite enjoying all my fellow IAC renters actually. Everyone has had both 1. criminal background check and 2. income verification/credit check, so people tend to be pretty nice. For any that aren't nice - they get evicted and disappear. Ironically, this guarantees me nicer neighbors that people who bought and have no such checks and balances (ex. some homeowner friends have some rather interesting tales about neighbors they'd rather not have).

[quote author="PANDA" date=1254545304]<a href="http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/28-Winding-Way-92620/home/5959474">http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/28-Winding-Way-92620/home/5959474</a>

FINALLY!!! THESE BABIES ARE COMING DOWN! It is about time DAMMIT! $899,900 - ($249,900 Bubble) = $650,000 in 2012.

This Villa Rosa listing is Not a Short Sale.</blockquote>

I guess WTF pricing goes both ways.

Back