Video

socal78

This is not a big deal. I generally like cops. I was just simply curious if they usually ride like this in other people's experience, especially around school zones. No emergency lights. Not pulling anyone over. But he rode down the sidewalk after doing an illegal u-turn behind me. I'm sure any other rider would get ticketed. I generally don't think it's a good idea for moving vehicles to be on sidewalks, particularly when school lets out. I'm sure he was being cautious. Nobody was injured. I'm just slightly annoyed, that's all. I'll live. I just hope it doesn't continue. There are often small kids that let loose at that time of day and have surprised other drivers who are lawfully on the street.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0QdQDrdQ_M

That doesn't look safe and would certainly warrant a ticket if it was a civilian. Unfortunately he has a badge and can do whatever he wants.

Yeah, they think they're above the law. He's there to play "gotcha" on parents bending the rules at pick-up time, as he helps himself to bending the rules. Pretty funny.

Motorcycle officers live for the "gotcha" moments. I remember sitting at a red light on Jamboree/I5 during rush hour. I started laughing when I saw a motorbike trying to creep up between the cars as he was looking for cell phone abusers.

He was there again just now. Same thing. But this time there wasn't enough room for him to squeeze through cars to get to the sidewalk so he just made the illegal u-turn and parked on the wrong side of the street.

Well, at least they're patrolling. With all the new homes that have been built recently, traffic has increased like crazy. Some pretty wild stuff goes on there all the time. Officer presence is badly needed.

Back