Veterans Cemetery coming to Irvine

I actually like it by the 5 freeway because of visibility for our nations fallen soldiers.  It is a better location.  The residents living nearby is a secondary concern.

zubs said:
I actually like it by the 5 freeway because of visibility for our nations fallen soldiers.  It is a better location.  The residents living nearby is a secondary concern.

It's a secondary concern to YOU. It is a better location to YOU. There are PLENTY of people posting before you on this forum and on the Register comment page that the freeway section is not for them (as veterans themselves. Are you?) They do not want the noise of the freeway or the pollution affecting their cemetery. They want it in a more serene location. Look at it from another lens for once.

Your parroting of Gang Chen won't help either. The decision was made and is now reaffirmed by the city council. Backroom deals will not be allowed. Don't think you're the only two people that care and will fight.

ozzyirvine said:
zubs said:

It's a secondary concern to YOU. It is a better location to YOU. There are PLENTY of people posting before you on this forum and on the Register comment page that the freeway section is not for them (as veterans themselves. Are you?) They do not want the noise of the freeway or the pollution affecting their cemetery. They want it in a more serene location. Look at it from another lens for once.

Your parroting of Gang Chen won't help either. The decision was made and is now reaffirmed by the city council. Backroom deals will not be allowed. Don't think you're the only two people that care and will fight.

Panties just got up in a bunch.

jmoney74 said:
ozzyirvine said:
zubs said:

It sure did.

Setting up a council meeting to make your point and ask for a vote is one thing. Losing the vote and threatening a recall is one step too far. Lying about your position and also threatening a recall is way over the line.

That's how, as you said, panties get into a bunch.

(as a side note, read the comments on OCRegister. See what Veterans feel about this recall. They deserve their cemetery where it was originally promised and 2 years of decisions affected. He keeps talking about the will of the people. The people spoke two years ago)

ozzyirvine said:
jmoney74 said:
ozzyirvine said:
zubs said:

It sure did.

Setting up a council meeting to make your point and ask for a vote is one thing. Losing the vote and threatening a recall is one step too far. Lying about your position and also threatening a recall is way over the line.

(as a side note, read the comments on OCRegister. See what Veterans feel about this recall. They deserve their cemetery where it was originally promised and 2 years of decisions affected. He keeps talking about the will of the people. The people spoke two years ago)

Where's Our Gang?  He need to chime in and tell ozzy to "do his homework."  ;D

ozzyirvine said:
jmoney74 said:
ozzyirvine said:
zubs said:

It sure did.

How about the Vet spokesperson?  Is he no longer a voice of the vets?  It sounds like there is a better chance of it happening with land swap.  I'm no design guru.. but I can take a guess that it's going to cost millions of dollars more to demo that current site. 

jmoney74 said:
ozzyirvine said:
jmoney74 said:
ozzyirvine said:
zubs said:

It sure did.

How about the Vet spokesperson?  Is he no longer a voice of the vets?  It sounds like there is a better chance of it happening with land swap.  I'm no design guru.. but I can take a guess that it's going to cost millions of dollars more to demo that current site.

The decision was already made 2 years ago. This long process is not to be decided by just swapping lands because a Vet spokesperson wants it or that Gang doesn't want it next to his home. There's a process and he just wants to break it on a whim. There are other people affected that had no idea such an idea was even possible. This is land that was designated for a reason and cannot just be switched out on a whim. As Council person Krom stated, if the land swap does happen, there's a chance the entire project won't materialize. The current plan goes to the back of the line.

ozzyirvine said:
jmoney74 said:
ozzyirvine said:
jmoney74 said:
ozzyirvine said:
zubs said:

It sure did.

The decision was already made 2 years ago. This long process is not to be decided by just swapping lands because a Vet spokesperson wants it or that Gang doesn't want it next to his home. There's a process and he just wants to break it on a whim. There are other people affected that had no idea such an idea was even possible. This is land that was designated for a reason and cannot just be switched out on a whim. As Council person Krom stated, if the land swap does happen, there's a chance the entire project won't materialize. The current plan goes to the back of the line.

righty

Gang, you made a major strategic error in threatening a recall of the council because you do not want a cemetery near your home, affecting everyone else in Irvine without a care. It's great for the Veterans that served to get the cemetery in the approved location. THEY DESERVE IT.

Except for some posts, I just stayed out of it. Personally, I did not want the swap to happen. However, I did not attend the meeting. I even forgot about it until I browsed OCRegister and noticed that the motion had failed. I posted a few more times after and just let it go and didn't think of it. I then see the recall THREAT on the OCRegister this morning and was disgusted! With all of the other issues people would like more focus on, YOUR entire focus is on the cemetery. IF you're elected and you do get your way with the land swap, what's next? You have nothing to go by since your entire singular focus has been fighting this cemetery.

It's the complete opposite for me now. I do not want to see a person elected that is willing to put his own people on the council, without regard for the other 200,000 Irvine residents, just to fight a Veteran cemetery that was approved a long time ago. The vets themselves approve of this swap just to get you off of their back, but MANY other Vets do not approve and do not like the location of the swap. Everyone around the area are affected, but you have zero care. You KNEW this cemetery was coming. Others did not and a backroom swap WILL NOT WORK.

ozzyirvine said:
Gang, you made a major strategic error in asking for a recall of the council because you do not want a cemetery near your home, affecting everyone else in Irvine without a care. It's great for the Veterans that served to get the cemetery in the approved location. THEY DESERVE IT.

Except for some posts, I just stayed out of it. Personally, I did not want the swap to happen. However, I did not attend the meeting. I even forgot about it until I browsed OCRegister and noticed that the motion had failed. I posted a few more times after and just let it go and didn't think of it. I then see the recall THREAT on the OCRegister this morning and was disgusted! With all of the other issues people would like more focus on, YOUR entire focus is on the cemetery. IF you're elected and you do get your way with the land swap, what's next? You have nothing to go by since your entire singular focus has been fighting this cemetery.

It's the complete opposite for me now. I do not want to see a person elected that is willing to put his own people on the council, without regard for the other 200,000 Irvine residents, just to fight a Veteran cemetery that was approved a long time ago. The vets themselves approve of this swap just to get you off of their back, but MANY other Vets do not approve and do not like the location of the swap. Everyone around the area are affected, but you have zero care. You KNEW this cemetery was coming. Others did not and a backroom swap WILL NOT WORK.

Is Gang Chen even on this board? 

jmoney74 said:
ozzyirvine said:
Gang, you made a major strategic error in asking for a recall of the council because you do not want a cemetery near your home, affecting everyone else in Irvine without a care. It's great for the Veterans that served to get the cemetery in the approved location. THEY DESERVE IT.

I thought it was Our Gang. Either way, he will know about this board sooner rather than later.

ozzyirvine said:
jmoney74 said:
ozzyirvine said:

I thought it was Our Gang. Either way, he will know about this board sooner rather than later.

Oh yeah.. Our Gang is Gang Chen.

jmoney74 said:
Oh yeah.. Our Gang is Gang Chen.

This is unconfirmed.  And ozzy is right.  I don't live close enough to care about where the cemetery goes.  I just think near the freeway is a better location.

Gang Chen is probably worse for property values in Great Park than a Veterans Cemetery.  Why would anyone want to live in Great Park communities with someone like Gang Chen being your neighbor and official spokesperson?

spootieho said:
The guy is creepy... looking

Haha. Googled his pic after this comment. TBH, he doesn't look much different than all the Chinese men his age around town.

Also I don't think gang Chen is our gang on TI. Gang Chen is anti cemetery whereas our gang sounds like a veteran. They both probably have a common thread now though over the relocation issue.

At a swingers convention?

SoCal said:
jmoney74 said:
man where is Yaliu?

Here he is:

2wn7c5z.jpg

Back