Veterans Cemetery coming to Irvine

sphhhh.. carbon freezing is where it's at.  Hopefully future Earth beings will revive me. 

hans-solo-carbon-freezing.jpg

Looks like the dark energy of cemetery is spreading to this TI thread by just talking about it. :(

SoCal said:
The California Court Company said:
you are calling momopi to be mentally ill?

kalbi said:

#troll

I've met momo in real life. He's a very nice person.

please don't call people a #troll when you don't even know what ??? means.  It basically is the chinese equivalent of "you're crazy" or "out of your mind."

kalbi said:
SoCal said:
The California Court Company said:
you are calling momopi to be mentally ill?

kalbi said:

#troll

I've met momo in real life. He's a very nice person.

please don't call people a #troll when you don't even know what ??? means.  It basically is the chinese equivalent of "you're crazy" or "out of your mind."

I don't read Chinese but I do read Bully and I know a pot-stirrer when I see one. To understand any person's comments, you must first have a grasp of their character displayed here over a period of time. Thank you for your concern but this isn't my first day here nor his. I stand by my post. We will have to agree to disagree.

(P.S. I hope you didn't think I am referring to you. I was referring to the other member.)

People like Pat Star should be more pissed about something like this than the Veterans Cemetery.  Displaying the American flag is now hate speech?  Interestingly, it's a Hispanic who wants it taken down.  The Iranian guy opposes it.

UC Irvine Students Vote To Remove American Flag From Campus Lobby

March 6, 2015 10:23 AM

IRVINE ? Students at the University of California, Irvine, have voted for a more ?inclusive space? by banning the American flag on part of the school?s campus.

Under resolution R50-70 passed Thursday, the Associated Students of University of California, Irvine (ASUCI) voted to remove all flags ? including Old Glory ? from the main lobby on campus, according to the ASUCI website.

A portion of the resolution reads: ?(F)lags construct paradigms of conformity and sets homogenized standards for others to obtain which in this country typically are idolized as freedom, equality, and democracy.?

Authored by student Matthew Guevara, the resolution goes on to state that since ?the American flag has been flown in instances of colonialism and imperialism?, its display ?does not express only selective aspects of its symbolism but the entire spectrum of its interpretation.?

After citing freedom of speech as a ?valued right that ASUCI supports,? the resolution states that ?freedom of speech, in a space that aims to be as inclusive as possible can be interpreted as hate speech.?

The resolution concludes with the following: ?Let it be resolved that ASUCI make every effort to make the Associated Students main lobby space as inclusive as possible. Let it further be resolved that no flag, of any nation, may be hanged on the walls of the Associate Student main lobby space.?

A final tally ended in six votes in favor of the resolution, four opposed, and two abstaining.

In a message posted on the group?s Facebook page Thursday evening, ASUCI President Reza Zomorrodian voiced his opposition to the resolution and said officials have yet to decide on a course of action regarding the vote.

?I stand firmly against this piece of legislation, though I understand the authors intent and supporters intent, I disagree with the solution [the ASUCI Legislative Council] has come to,? Zomorrodian said.

It wasn?t immediately clear when a final decision would be made.

WTF at UCI. look at what happens when they have too many international students. I won't be surprised if the following occur at UCI
1. ISIS attack
2. erection of Chairman Mao's statue, or raise of the China 5 star flag
3. change the school mascot from that meager anteater to dragon

they arent saying no flags on campus, just no flags in the lobby in an effort to create a true open space.  the intent might be good but the problem is that you are always bound to alienate someone

Let it be further be resolved that if a decorative item is in the Associate student lobby space and issues arise, the solution will be to remove the item if there is considerable request to do so.

imagine someone crying about the tile floor and how the quarries that produced the tile were in their home towns and destroyed their homes and hence, they want it removed. 

http://www.asuci.uci.edu/legislative/legislations/print.php?cnum=R50-70&gov_branch=ASUCI

These same students seem to be OK carrying US Currency with imperialist presidents on them as well as proclaiming "In God We Trust". Pretty selective outrage, oxymoronic like a leather shoe wearing vegan.

Ahh, this UCI resolution takes me back to my own college days....then as now, advocating crazy shit, speaking in gibberish, wearing Malcom X/Che/Mumia t-shirt, etc. was just a pathetic way of trying to get laid.  To misguided UCI students: give it up, didn't work then and won't work now.

I noticed late last week they demolished the cinder block wall on Irvine Blvd approximately where the cemetery is going.

Ground breaking soon perhaps?

eyephone said:
aquabliss said:
I noticed late last week they demolished the cinder block wall on Irvine Blvd approximately where the cemetery is going.

Ground breaking soon perhaps?

#AskYaliu

#Idontknow.

@aquabliss, come to city hall tomorrow

Btw, is there any TI forum rule about donation? 

Back