Veterans Cemetery coming to Irvine

Happiness said:
Whether the veterans cemetery gets built or not will depend on a lot of important things happening that are uncertain at this time.  However, I'm pretty sure a few superstitious residents or this silly thread will not weigh heavily in the process.  So why all this vitriol that in the end probably make no difference?  We're all going to live here for a long time whether the cemetery is built or not and we need to learn to be respectful of each other.  Patstar may not be very diplomatic, but his heart is in the right place; he is trying to save some people he believes to be underinformed from doing something self destructive.  Assuming what Patstar has posted about himself over the years is true, he would be the last person to want to see Asians maligned in America.

Agree as well. And for the record I am everything I have ever claimed to be.  I have never hid behind my computer, I know MANY on this board personally. And even though I've been gone four years, I'm sure I've logged more miles in Irvine than 75% of the people on this board. I left your fair town voluntarily, but does not mean I left behind my years there, or the investments I made in the community while there.  It will always be a part of me.

Make note I never post here except when specifically called out by name.  But drag my name or the reputations of others who have served their country through the mud, suggest they be buried under the freeway or have their grave s**t on and I may make some time to log on to say hi. So for everyone here who wishes I would just go away, I'll make you a deal.  Turn your attention to your #1 Talk Irvine troll, and help him keep my name out of his mouth and off your thread. I already pointed out to you he is doing you more harm than good.  Sounds like a win/win for both of us. In a strange way, yaliu and I both have a common antagonist.  Cal Court just stated he has no honor on the matter, he is neither for it or against it --- so he tries to do damage to both positions. A true troll. 

I'll state it again, I hold no ill will toward anyone against the cemetery, as long as they do so respectfully, and based on fact.  Even if I don't agree, I respect you have every right to stand up for what you believe is right, as do I.  And yes, I understand your aversion to a cemetery at your back door, trust me --- I get it. And IF it was REALLY at your back door, I'd support it. But it is NOT at your back door. It is 1.2 miles away. You can't see it. You can't be afraid of it from that far. If fear of something 1.2 miles away is your motivator, you should contact a professional.  So as I see it, that leaves the effort to down this cemetery focused only greed --- a fear your property MIGHT lose value (not even substantiated). And I just can't get onboard with that. There are some things in life more important than a few thousand dollars, and honoring those that secure the right for you to enjoy that money is more important to me. 

That's all I'll say about it, as long as my name is not invoked again. Good luck.

Pstar is a closet TI reader.  Don't worry, I won't tell anyone.

If you believe court is trolling you shouldn't be responding to his baits in a serious manner.  You should post a pic of Reagan on a raptor firing an Uzi.  Because, In the end that's what's important.

I think PStar brings up a good point, is yaliu really afraid of ghosts or just afraid of home devaluation?

I thought he didn't believe in God so why ghosts?

home devaluation is my reason against the cemetery; adding an unique place to Irvine is my reason for the cemetery.

irvinehomeowner said:
I think PStar brings up a good point, is yaliu really afraid of ghosts or just afraid of home devaluation?

I have asked numerous times, "HOW close is TOO close?" and nobody will answer me.

I see on the petition it says: "Petition for the relocation of the proposed State Veterans Cemetery from the OC Great Park and Irvine."

That kind of makes it sound like anywhere in Irvine is unacceptable. (Seriously?) Or it could just be a funny way of saying the Great Park IN Irvine. Which is it?

irvinehomeowner said:

I noticed ghosts are not specifically mentioned on the petition. However, home values are. See Reason #5:

"The cemetery will drive down home values and increase blight."

Maybe ghosts are the new scapegoats.

#scapeghost

As a country we believe in the constitutional right to free speech, but in reality, those in the majority determine who can say what.  True freedom of speech is censored by societal pressure, peer pressure, or threat of "consequences."

Pstar feels he has the majority on his side, he can shout down whoever he wants on this issue.  He is probably right. I have no problem with the cemetery as long as it is well maintained.  But if yaliu doesn't want it nearby because of personal beliefs or even monetary reasons, that is his right.  Given how silent Asians have been in this country when it comes to many issues, I'm glad he is speaking up.

Agree to disagree, and don't get all worked up about stupid shit said on an internet forum.

It's not the ghost, its the dark energy and bad feng shui for living proximate to the cemetery.  But how close is too close? I have read 500 meter (1640 ft) to as far as 5 miles. 

Jail, hospital, and landfill are also no no but I guess cemetery trump all of them.

Feng Shui Says No Way to Cemetery
According to Feng Shui principles, home sites with a close proximity to a cemetery are highly undesirable. To a lesser degree, but still considered as unfavorable, are former hospital and prison sites. A cemetery has strong "yin" or dark energies of death. This imbalance of yin/yang energies can cause instability by lowering the energies around it. Depending on which direction the cemetery is at in relation to home, how large it is, and the nature of the people who are buried in the cemetery, there are different levels of effects. Although residents may not feel oppressed at first, over time, they may find it hard to excel.

SoCal said:
I have asked numerous times, "HOW close is TOO close?" and nobody will answer me.

Coming from rural Taiwan, I can confirm that many families buried their grandparents on the farm behind their homes.  Sort of in the back-yard, with rice paddies around it.  The graves look like little islands when the rice paddy is flooded.

lnc said:
It's not the ghost, its the dark energy and bad feng shui for living proximate to the cemetery.  But how close is too close? I have read 500 meter (1640 ft) to as far as 5 miles. 

If the cemetery looked like this, I would likely object:

pd757097.jpg

No "dark energy" or "negative energy" here:

mp_fountainhead.jpg

mp_deer.jpg

A stroll through the beautiful cemetery park is healthy exercise and lowers blood pressure, will help you have happier, more productive, and longer life.  There's a few nice stone chess tables and chairs by the lake at Rose Hills with light shade, good place to read or telecommute.

momopi said:
SoCal said:

Coming from rural Taiwan, I can confirm that many families buried their grandparents on the farm behind their homes.  Sort of in the back-yard, with rice paddies around it.  The graves look like little islands when the rice paddy is flooded. 

lnc said:

If the cemetery looked like this, I would likely object:

pd757097.jpg

No "dark energy" or "negative energy" here:

mp_fountainhead.jpg

mp_deer.jpg

A stroll through the beautiful cemetery park is healthy exercise and lowers blood pressure, will help you have happier, more productive, and longer life.  There's a few nice stone chess tables and chairs by the lake at Rose Hills with light shade, good place to read or telecommute.

Ok, momopi. You just made me laugh at loud.  With no shortages of parks in irvine, why would one stroll through a cemetery to exercise?!  Just ask your Taiwanese parents if they would read or telecommute in a cemetary....  I'm pretty sure their response would be ???!

Please dont personal attack momopi.

Distance: i personally prefer at 3~5 miles away.  even though PP is only 1.2 miles away.  K-12 school are very very close by.  i afraid that negative energy may affect my child's education.

@IHO. 
ghost - there are haunted houses.  there are halloween.  these are proof that ghost exists.  :)
God - i dont think there is a god house.  and i dont there there is a god holiday.  no proof that god exist.  :)

yaliu07 said:
@IHO. 
ghost - there are haunted houses.  there are halloween.  these are proof that ghost exists.  :)
What proof? Halloween celebrates the dead, not ghosts.
God - i dont think there is a god house.  and i dont there there is a god holiday.  no proof that god exist.  :)
What is a church? And technically, all homes are God houses.

No God holiday? Break down the word Christmas (I think you should know that over Halloween). What about Easter?

Yaliu just jumped the shark and nuked the fridge.

kalbi said:
Ok, momopi. You just made me laugh at loud.  With no shortages of parks in irvine, why would one stroll through a cemetery to exercise?!  Just ask your Taiwanese parents if they would read or telecommute in a cemetary....  I'm pretty sure their response would be ???!

?_?

Back when my grandparents were still alive, we took them shopping for ??.  They really liked Rose Hills and picked out the plots that they wanted.  We bought 4 plots for my parents as well.  We used to take the grandparents for a stroll there on weekends from time to time.  The sunshine (vitamin D) and light exercise was good for them.

In ye olde days they used to say "born in Suzhou, live in Hangzhou, eat in Guangzhou, die in Liuzhou".  My grandfather used to say "good life is to marry a Japanese wife, live in American house, and eat Chinese food".  After his travels around the world, he commented that living in France (Paris) appeared more enjoyable than US, but being buried in American cemetery (Rose Hills) is better than Europe or Asia.

We paid good money for our plots there.  Why wait until you die to enjoy the beautiful amenities?

I wish my grandfather had been able to witness a Quaker service in his lifetime.  He may have said that American Quaker style funeral is better than others.  When my HS English/French teacher passed away we had a Quaker busines meeting style "funeral" and pot luck, it was probaby the nicest funeral I've ever attended, followed by buriel under a tree planting at El Dorado Park.  No wailing relatives, no lavish funerals, no tomb stone.  I just wished that I could've served his favorite potato pancakes at the funeral pot luck, but it's only good when freshly cooked.

yaliu07 said:
Please dont personal attack momopi.

Distance: i personally prefer at 3~5 miles away.  even though PP is only 1.2 miles away.  K-12 school are very very close by.  i afraid that negative energy may affect my child's education.

@IHO. 

Whether you like it or not, you'll have your proof that God exists after you're dead.

Back