Veterans Cemetery coming to Irvine

GH said:
O Hills said:
GH said:
OCgasman said:
yaliu07 said:
If I want certain race in my backyard, I will buy home in Santa Ana.  If I want ghost in my backyard, I will buy home in Whittier.  But, when I am paying for such high price home and high property tax in Irvine, I dont want see neither.
<shaking head> I don't even know what to say about your race comment.

At least he/she speaks out his/her mind rather than trying to be politically correct  :p  I wouldn't be surprised if majority of the FCBs in Irvine feels the same way but are just trying to be politically correct.

Have you ever met a FCB that had any concern about being politically correct?

ok .. wrong term.. FCB just not expressing out for fear of consequence.

No, that was probably the right term, it just seems you're hangin with a better class of FCBs than I am.

yaliu07 said:
O Hills said:
irvinehomeshopper said:
Really? Parents of deceased veterans want to bury their children close by so they can visit them. This logic sounds good then I stopped and think. How many Irvine or Newport Beach kids really are in the military? Santa Ana is likely the city with many children in the military and a veteran cemetery make more sense in Santa Ana than Irvine.

Oh No that is a double whammies. Cemetery and Mexican visitors.

I can hear the protest chants now:  "No Ghosts! No Mexicans!  Survival of the Fittest!"

If I want certain race in my backyard, I will buy home in Santa Ana.  If I want ghost in my backyard, I will buy home in Whittier.  But, when I am paying for such high price home and high property tax in Irvine, I dont want see neither.

man, i can only imagine what you would say if you had a black neighbor.

GH said:
O Hills said:
GH said:
OCgasman said:
yaliu07 said:

At least he/she speaks out his/her mind rather than trying to be politically correct  :p  I wouldn't be surprised if majority of the FCBs in Irvine feels the same way but are just trying to be politically correct.

I wonder if the builders at PP disclosed the potential cemetery to the buyers.

eyephone said:
GH said:
O Hills said:
GH said:
OCgasman said:
yaliu07 said:

Are they even required to?  Not like it's in view of PP. 

qwerty said:
yaliu07 said:
O Hills said:
irvinehomeshopper said:
Really? Parents of deceased veterans want to bury their children close by so they can visit them. This logic sounds good then I stopped and think. How many Irvine or Newport Beach kids really are in the military? Santa Ana is likely the city with many children in the military and a veteran cemetery make more sense in Santa Ana than Irvine.

Oh No that is a double whammies. Cemetery and Mexican visitors.

I can hear the protest chants now:  "No Ghosts! No Mexicans!  Survival of the Fittest!"

man, i can only imagine what you would say if you had a black neighbor.

Imagine a black soldier burried in the nearby cemetery.  #completeFCBfreakout #canghostsbeblack?

yaliu07 said:

Yea well I'm "paying for such high price home and high property tax in Irvine, [as well, and] I dont want" people like you living next to me. You give us Asians a bad name.

jmoney74 said:
eyephone said:
GH said:
O Hills said:
GH said:
OCgasman said:
yaliu07 said:

It's probably more a matter of timing. 
Builders disclose anything that might potentially be an issue.
For OH, they even listed the former Marine Corp. Air Station Tustin (the District), which is about 6 miles away.

I'm not sure the cemetery was on the radar until recently.

jmoney74 said:
eyephone said:
GH said:
O Hills said:
GH said:
OCgasman said:
yaliu07 said:

Possibly. Maybe yaliu can sue the builder and 5P for non disclosure.
(I pay all cash, nobody told me)

I think we'll mostly likely see a memorial.. rather than full blown cemetery.  I know the Golf Course is a full green light.. next to cemetery?  Doesn't made sense.  This Argan clown was also blocking an audit on the Great Park scandal and he also tried to block the build of HS #5.. whatever he can do to garner more votes I guess.

All these politicians crumble in front of vets.

With the overflowing crowd of veterans,even Choi and Shea voted in favor of the vets to make it a unanimous result. Watching the discussion however, It was almost embarrassing to watch Choi slobber over Supervisor Todd Spitzer?s efforts to hijack the Great Park site to anywhere else in his district including the Saddleback Vineyard site that offers limited space and perhaps 40 developable acres.

The folks at Five Point and their army of consultants will likely shift their attention to Spitzer?s efforts to move the Cemetery and Memorial anywhere but the Great Park.  A battle was won last night but the war continues.  FivePoint has the right of first refusal in 2017 for that parcel, and should they deny the Vet?s a resting place at the Great Park, even Emile Haddad?s millions won?t help them.

jmoney74 said:
All these politicians crumble in front of vets.

With the overflowing crowd of veterans,even Choi and Shea voted in favor of the vets to make it a unanimous result. Watching the discussion however, It was almost embarrassing to watch Choi slobber over Supervisor Todd Spitzer?s efforts to hijack the Great Park site to anywhere else in his district including the Saddleback Vineyard site that offers limited space and perhaps 40 developable acres.

The folks at Five Point and their army of consultants will likely shift their attention to Spitzer?s efforts to move the Cemetery and Memorial anywhere but the Great Park.  A battle was won last night but the war continues.  FivePoint has the right of first refusal in 2017 for that parcel, and should they deny the Vet?s a resting place at the Great Park, even Emile Haddad?s millions won?t help them.
I think 5p will move it also, there are more homes to be sold at GP.

A Veteran cemetery is where veterans are buried who could have died in battle or passed long after serving our country.

irvinehomeowner said:
qwerty said:
Irvinecommuter said:
qwerty said:
That was to point out that it's not always to protect our freedom

Okay...what difference would it make if it was or wasn't. 

IHO mentioned that he was grateful to the military for dying protecting our freedom. Those soldiers are dying but not protecting our freedom.
Actually, you are mixing up the topics.

1. I am grateful to the military... but not for dying to protect our freedom, but for risking their lives to protect not just our freedom but the freedom of many. As I alluded to before, it can be argued that Iraq/Afghanistan is not just for America's "freedom", but for the freedom of many in that area of the world and for the freedom of any nations that will be subjected to terrorism that originates from there. I spoke to someone stationed in Iraq (I believe I mentioned this before), and he stated that no matter what side of this topic you are on, the Iraqis he met are so appreciative that Hussein is no longer in power and for that alone, he felt it was the right thing. Again, this is an arguable point but what I'm trying to convey is it's not just about *American* freedom. It's about a group of people fighting for the ideals/rights of another group of people no matter the risk.

2. You were originally comparing the lives of groups of people, not the deaths. I don't think you can properly make that comparison but that's my opinion.

3. You have now moved over to whose death is more "honorable" than another's. That's not my point, my point was that military puts their lives at greater risk than any other occupation you've mentioned (although you can make the argument for police on a smaller scale). That alone deserves some consideration. Your fisherman comparison was a good attempt but I don't think it measures up. Where is your stat on how many vegetable pickers died in the last year or so? Do you honestly think that the risk to their lives is the same as that of a soldier stationed in the Middle East (regardless of what he is there for)?

Again, I understand what you are saying, but in trying to illustrate your opinion, which I do see, you are muddying mine. Or maybe you just don't see it the way I do, which is fine... but I will clarify if I feel my stance is being misrepresented.

I know what you are really trying to do... you want Irvine to build an Accountants Memorial cemetery. :)

I bet all of FOBFCBs think what you just mentioned. They just bought their final exit strategy for investing $500,000 here.

ZeroLot said:
qwerty said:
ZeroLot said:
yaliu07 said:
If you read this carefully, there are people dont mind live next to the cemetery.  Let's build more cemetery next to their house.

Just chiming in ... I'm ok with a VETERAN'S cemetery near my house ... Not a Rose Hills. 

What's the difference?

I think IHO made a good point in the difference.  But my mine main case is that we all get "Veteran's Day" off for a reason and it's not to go shopping or get great discounts.

And yes the military comes with many perks and benefits.  But again the Great Park is built on the old El Toro Marine base.  I think it's a great way to give back to El Toro.

I made a point never to live among FCBs. I don't know how all of you could take that day after day. I feel there is a lost of dignity if you subject yourself to live among the rude and entitled because the smell of money and home appreciation are more important in your value system.

ob1 said:
GH said:
O Hills said:
GH said:
OCgasman said:
yaliu07 said:

No, that was probably the right term, it just seems you're hangin with a better class of FCBs than I am.

Back