Veteran cemetery swap POLL

Are you in favor of the Veteran cemetery swap?

• Yes

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I like brown crayons

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters
I know there are other threads on this but this one has a poll.

So I read this article the other day:
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/cook-714333-veterans-site.html

So as I read it, is this right?

1. Site A, the original site owned by the city, is closer to Irvine Blvd and will take 3 years or so to have it ready for the first internments.

2. Site B, owned by 5 Points, is closer to the 5 freeway and can be ready in a year.

3. The vets actually prefer B because it will be ready quicker although it will cost more.

4. GP homeowners prefer B because it's farther away from them.

Seems simple to me to swap... why is the city so against it? From the article, the only opposition I read is the fact they already spent money on feasibility studies but I'm sure they can raise money again for site B.

I know the other threads say it's some agenda by TIC or others but what agenda?

There's that conspiracy theory that they intend to keep it there because they know it'll fail?
There's also another argument that it's closer to LA, HC, Shady, where big money is?
I'm curious too, there are some very vocal folks on those other threads.

One thing that stuck out to me in that article and I forgot was that the Great Park used to be El Toro Marine Base, a place for many that was their last time in the US (or their first time in service) before they died elsewhere.

So it does make sense to put a veteran cemetery there.

irvinehomeowner said:
One thing that stuck out to me in that article and I forgot was that the Great Park used to be El Toro Marine Base, a place for many that was their last time in the US (or their first time in service) before they died elsewhere.

So it does make sense to put a veteran cemetery there.

Site B is also on the former El Toro Marine Base.

Back