Vantage Pointe Community in Rowland Heights

ps99472

I drive through this area at least once a week due to work and always thought it would be a convenient place to live.  You have access to Orange County and also the variety of Asian restaurants in Rowland Heights.  Redfin shows a few houses for sale here,  built in the mid-90s.  Anyone know who the developer/builder was?  Hopefully not one of those fly by night Chinese builders in the area.  Anyone have comments on this development.  I believe it is pre-dominantly Asian (Chinese) due to all the houses for sale represented by Chinese realtors.  How are the schools?  I know RH is un-incorporated so how's the response time from LA sheriff?

I haven't given up on Irvine but if I can get a 3 car with a view for $800k and can get beef noodle soup or Chicken Box for dinner I would be pretty happy.. 

That was a Shea Homes development. I'd look at your earthquake fault zones, but other than that the community is a good one.

My .02c

Soylent Green Is People.

Whittierfault.png

Guess I'm crossing Vantage Pointe off the list...Whittier fault cuts right below it..  I'll have a good view of the earth splitting open...

I believe that area is also known as "mistress village". 
Living in a gated community in Roland Heights, Taiwanese immigrant Ms. Li said, the residential community she lives in was even numerously called ?Ernai village? (?second wives village? or ?mistress village?) by the Mainland Chinese media, because many home owners are wealthy businessmen from China who kept their mistresses there.

http://www.chinahush.com/2010/05/17/chinas-new-rich-set-trend-buying-luxury-homes-in-california-with-cash/

There was a house for sale that converted without permits to EIGHT bedrooms from 4, more like a harem.

Many of these multi-room homes function as anchor babies production center for Chinese tourists.

SAN GABRIEL - The discovery of an illegally-converted townhouse catering to Asian maternity tourists prompted local legislators Wednesday to discuss the enforcement of immigration law.

Two weeks ago, San Gabriel officials uncovered a makeshift maternity ward with 10 newborns and about 12 Chinese nationals crammed into an illegally-converted townhouse, according to documents obtained by this newspaper.

Dwight Chang of Arcadia, who owns the house in the 1300 block of South Palm Avenue, had been warned twice before for operating a business that primarily caters to Asian "maternity tourists," officials said.

http://www.sgvtribune.com/ci_17686154

I used to live there 12 years ago (Ashburn Place). Top of the hill mostly Chinese neighbors. Love the view. I just have to sell the house after I was a victim of a follow home armed roberry. The robbers even mistook me for Chinese which I'm not (duh).

jstjahn said:
I used to live there 12 years ago (Ashburn Place). Top of the hill mostly Chinese neighbors. Love the view. I just have to sell the house after I was a victim of a follow home armed roberry. The robbers even mistook me for Chinese which I'm not (duh).
Sorry to hear.. :(  but I am happy you are alive  ;)

Back