Vacant space (formerly Denny's) on Culver / 5 FWY

Toesonthanose

Vacant stand-alone space in Heritage Plaza (Culver / Walnut) between BofA and Buffalo Wild Wings...

Word on the street is that Kang Ho-Dong Baekjong (the wildly popular Korean BBQ establishment) is moving in. Can anybody confirm?

Toesonthanose said:
Vacant stand-alone space in Heritage Plaza (Culver / Walnut) between BofA and Buffalo Wild Wings...

Word on the street is that Kang Ho-Dong Baekjong (the wildly popular Korean BBQ establishment) is moving in. Can anybody confirm?

I can confirm that the talks are still on but not set in stone!

any one else wonder how Farmiee knows all of this information about restaurants?

he probably owns capital sea food and Kang Ho-Dong Baekjong

farmiee - why dont you buy king taco and start opening up some locations in OC? you can make it fusion and offer some korean tacos as well.

A couple of my friends will be bringing Halal Guys here to Socal if you guys didn't know yet. 

Restaurant biz is a very small world for the big players.  Everyone pretty much knows each other. 

Is it just me, or does King Taco resemble Mexican version of In and Out?

If Kang Ho-Dong Baekjong comes to Irvine, I hope they do better than Wako Honey Pig.  When I want to eat Wako Honey Pig, I go to the one in Buena Park and not the one in Irvine.  ;p

Agreed. Parking is already a mess there. They need to build a 2 story garage.

ukuoy said:
Then parking will be a bigger problem. Boiling point already makes this plaza overcrowd.

Maybe a valet setup, with EMC coming soon to take over elephant bar, this place will be  like a little Ktown/Diamond plaza

Heritage Plaza is getting FCB'ed.

Trying to beat TIC at their game.

(I think Heritage Plaza is the largest non-TIC owned center in Irvine... maybe Northwood Town Center is just as big)

Went to the Buena Park location for the first time last night and it was a great experience.  The quality of the meat was really good (much better than Gen BBQ) which is to be expected from a la cart style.  Wait time for 3 people at 8ish was about 20 minutes.

I asked one of the servers there about the opening date of the Irvine location and he mentioned it wasn't going to happen until next year, so at least 3 months away it seems.

Back