Urban Seoul (Irvine)

ps99472

http://www.yelp.com/biz/urban-seoul-irvine

5FD25214-C68C-4BBA-BB51-D5000A979DEB-1434-000001284AA6A59A_zpsbafde95e.jpg

burger

EBE7B187-EFDD-42A6-A058-8B6CF4696B4C-1434-000001284F157000_zps162b9e01.jpg

arepas

The arepas are tasty... sitting at the bar, you get to see all the kitchen action/talk.. interesting.. not kid friendly.... but friendly service.. i hope they do well.. but given the small cramped dining area and lower priced food... $/table might not cut it..

Finally got around to trying something from here. Had the Gogi tacos, bibimbap and chicken wings.

Didn't eat in as it was crowded so we ordered ToGo and ate it outside next to Bon Epi (the kids got some stuff from Bon Epi and we also ordered food from BBQ Chicken).

It was decent, not much different from a Korean food truck. The service people were a bit quick, I guess I don't fit in their demographic. The service at BBQ was better, seems family run. Both were expensive, but we liked the food from BBQ more.

Nice to see that Kickin' Crab is busy, as you know the Mrs. was a big Boiling Crab fan but now that they have one in Costa Mesa, she never wants to go (which is fine with me).

Bon Epi is like another 85C or J&J Bakery, except that have macaroons. Saw the Creme Pan knockoffs, but $2.99 for a slightly larger strawberry croissant isn't worth it.

I love Urban Seoul... next time order the elote corn!  If you want Cream Pan croissants, the new coffee shop Byul right next door sells Cream Pan's small croissants for $1.50 as well as assorted pastries from Blackmarket Bakery.

I really like Urban Seoul.  They have some great deals during happy hour.

The food can get a bit greasy, but it's like any fusion truck.

I'd definitely continue to go back. 

One of the things I wish this place would get is some type of specialty drinks other than mexican Coke. 

If they have a couple signature drinks, they'd increase their profit quite a bit as drink margins are pretty high. 

*By signature -  I mean something non alcoholic ... maybe a fusion horchata or something.

do they have bottled manzanita sol?  those are tasty, believe I saw it at Target the other day

lnc said:
Coleman said:
... maybe a fusion horchata or something.

Something like an ice cold boba horchata? :)

That actually sounds really good. I'm going to buy a push cart just like the ones they use in Mexico and so on weekends I can park my cart at diamond jamboree and sell boba horchata aka borchata or horchoba. I think I still need to work on the name

Back