Undeveloped Land West of Laguna Altura

jamboreedude

Does anybody here know what The Irvine Company will develop on a large piece of land located to the west of Laguna Altura next to Laguna Canyon Road or the 133? There seems to be some activity of late, like storage containers and a mobile satellite security system parked there.

irvinehomeowner said:
If you're talking about the area right next to Quail Hill, I believe that's zoned as future retail.

I wonder if they'll send out a disclosure saying that light and sound from the retail space will be seen/heard from QH causing people to not want to buy there.

This mentions "Los Olivos" for more units east of the apartment village. More apartments or are there homes going in there?

Costco said:
I was hoping for a retail center to be built there. But nope. Looks like office spaces.
http://www.shopirvinecompany.com/uploads/17/2/Retail-Brochure-09-2012-TheSpectrumCollection.pdf

It's a strange place for offices. I guess Quaill Hill residents can expect more traffic and riff raffs coming through the neighborhood. At least they'll be employed riff raffs, though.
I agree... that is a strange place for offices. If anything, that should be a middle school.

It's not like there isn't already enough space for offices in the Spectrum.

irvinehomeowner said:
Costco said:
I was hoping for a retail center to be built there. But nope. Looks like office spaces.
http://www.shopirvinecompany.com/uploads/17/2/Retail-Brochure-09-2012-TheSpectrumCollection.pdf

It's a strange place for offices. I guess Quaill Hill residents can expect more traffic and riff raffs coming through the neighborhood. At least they'll be employed riff raffs, though.
I agree... that is a strange place for offices. If anything, that should be a middle school.

It's not like there isn't already enough space for offices in the Spectrum.

I hope it will be a retail center with Whole Foods as the anchor tenant!

Costco said:

Wow, 1 million sqft of office space.  That's gonna need a lot of janitors coming in after hours.  Bet they'll stop the the Quail Hill Shopping Center on the way out too.

paperboyNC said:
test said:

It's interesting that they show the Great Park at 9,500 units when so far it's been approved for only half of that and the rest is pending application to the city.

Could be fluff/hype for potential tenants.  Though given the horrible financial situation of the Great Park (eg. blowing through nine figures for balloon rides and concerts), I won't be surprised when it's seen as necessary to approve in order to get the job done.

test said:
Wow, 1 million sqft of office space. 

Looks like they're upping it to 1.6 million.  Bet the LA buyers weren't expecting this.

m9nedx.jpg

I still think PA17 should be retail.

But I guess since the QH Shopping Center isn't doing all that great... it wouldn't make sense to add another ghost town there.

Back