Ugly Pie Pizza

Goriot said:
One thing good about this Pizza Hut is that it's a Sports Bar.  Atleast little different. 

Wha? Need to check this out.

The old Pizza Hut in Crossroads before it became a carry-out/delivery only place was a proper restaurant with big screen TVs, arcade and a weekday lunch buffet... now location is Urban Plates... :(

Wow, Pizza Hut with a sports bar... this looks pretty legit:
https://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/96df31031bf8d6ca75fafe5500685930f36b4abb/c=0-48-710-447/local/-/media/2015/07/02/SiouxFalls/B9317932497Z.1_20150702135043_000_GB7B818QR.1-0.png?width=3200&height=1680&fit=crop

Goriot said:
Finally a new tenant where Ugly pie Pizza was in Orchard Hills Shopping, but but but.... Pizza Hut chain store really after all these years???? I thought Irvine Company was not into Chains?  Haven't tried Pizza Hut in 10+ years, but I will give it a Shot.

Been 15 months since that Pizza Hut signe went up and still not open.  I guess they?re waiting Post COVID but I heard Pizza Hut is doing well during COVID.  Just open already.

Looks like I was wrong.  They have a sign out front advertising to hire staff and contractors were installing new drop type ceiling lights this week. Maybe Spring opening?

The Hut is finally OPEN!

They started last week Tuesday for takeout and delivery only. Interior looks nice with plenty of seating for families, 3 flat screen TVs, and a bar area.

iacrenter said:
The Hut is finally OPEN!

They started last week Tuesday for takeout and delivery only. Interior looks nice with plenty of seating for families, 3 flat screen TVs, and a bar area.

But once we are all vaccinated/immune... can they buffet? :)

iacrenter said:
The Hut is finally OPEN!

Whaaaaaaaaaaa!  I was in that center today and didn't even notice, going to have to check it out.  Thx for the heads up.

irvinehomeowner said:
iacrenter said:
The Hut is finally OPEN!

In retrospect, the buffet pizza at Pizza Hut was pretty bad. I enjoyed it as a kid but I don't miss it.

HMart said:
irvinehomeowner said:
iacrenter said:
The Hut is finally OPEN!

In retrospect, the buffet pizza at Pizza Hut was pretty bad. I enjoyed it as a kid but I don't miss it.

But what about future generations of kids? :)

iacrenter said:
The Hut is finally OPEN!

I tried their Pizza.  It was pretty good!  Finally a close by pizza place.  OH Shopping now needs a really good Noodle Place to replace now closed Ren Asian Bistro.

Goriot said:
iacrenter said:
The Hut is finally OPEN!

I tried their Pizza.  It was pretty good!  Finally a close by pizza place.  OH Shopping now needs a really good Noodle Place to replace now closed Ren Asian Bistro.

Do they have any different/unique offerings vs. regular old Pizza Hut?

OH already had NY pizza and they moved to Quail Hill. Let's hope 3rd times the charm for TIC. Three pizza joints in the same location: Johnny's NY Pizza, Ugly Pie, then Pizza Hut.

Perhaps a truthier headline is....

"Pizza Hut rolls out Little Caesars copycat - plus now you can order pizza with twice the pepperoni, just like everywhere else".

Of the larger pizza companies, is Pizza Hut or Domino's the pie of choice for Irvine? 

Back