UCI makes sure no one is left out

WillJoy

I'd very much like to see the same progress on our DL and voters registration form. What a lucky time we live in:
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2015...orm-will-ask-students-to-pick-from-6-genders/

The new form will ask students to pick one gender from six different choices. They will be asked to choose between male, female, trans male, trans female, gender queer/gender non-conforming and different identity.
In a statement, Janet Napolitano, the president the UC system, said: ?UC is working hard to ensure our campuses model inclusiveness and understanding. I?m proud of the work we?ve done so far, but it doesn?t stop there. We must continue to look at where we can improve so everyone at UC feels respected and supported.?

Only 6 genders? I find that so restrictive. Why must those right wing extremists be so hateful? I identify as: a purple cactus who is male on M,W,F and female the rest of the days, except for Christmas. Make a check-box for THAT!

Does this mean that UCI or UC institutions will be providing the matching restrooms for each gender category? If so, I can't wait to see the sign they put on each door. I've got a few good ideas of my own already.

WillJoy said:
Does this mean that UCI or UC institutions will be providing the matching restrooms for each gender category? If so, I can't wait to see the sign they put on each door. I've got a few good ideas of my own already.

I don't think you understand gender identity. This has no impact on restrooms as they would use the restroom of the gender they identify with.

Some women do have issues that a person with a penis shares the same bathroom even tho the person identifies as being a woman.
So it should be interesting to see if they're going to do anything about it

I don't understand it because I can only see Yin and Yang. But I do foresee that there would be complications if people are allowed to arbitrarily identify themselves. Do they need to carry a paper of some sort to show in case people questions their restroom choice?

I wonder if Caitlyn Jenner would sometimes get confused during restroom time, say, after a few beers, my apologies, wine, glasses of wine.

They should just simplify it.  Penis or No Penis.

But seriously...  Here's a radical idea.  Don't ask for gender on an application.  Don't ask for race on an application. 

riznick said:

But seriously...  Here's a radical idea.  Don't ask for gender on an application.  Don't ask for race on an application.

But then how would they implement reverse racism, err, I mean Affirmative Action?

riznick said:

Not gonna happen, as that other thread says, Harvard discriminates against Asians.

This thread reminds me of the old saw:

"I was a man trapped in a woman's body.... then she gave birth to me"

My .02c

nosuchreality said:
Well if this is about restrooms then it should really be shrimp paste yesterday or no shrimp paste yesterday.
Don't forget kimchee, garlic, and curry... can't be discriminatory!!

Back