Twisty Challenge!! LOL Hey Moderater!!

ventouxbob_IHB

OK Im game. I have a mini cooper S. I challenge Graphrix in the twistys. how does Palomar MT road sound to you? bring your BMW Sedan. not one of those Glorified MiniVans ie X5, X3. haha. I love German engineering. is my mini an indulgence Yes! how do i justify it. I paid cash for the other car.

<p>I like the turbo but hate how it doesnt come in AWD like the 328. If it did it would be the ultimate driving machine.</p>

<p>The minis are awesome and I am hoping I can find one on the cheap from a desperate REIC ex-employee in the near future.</p>

<p>If you have a slushbox you may not want to take that challenge tough. If you had a stick I might concede.</p>

<p>Plus you can blame Janet that I started looking on bimmerforums again and found a Z3 steering rack. It improves the steering response greatly.</p>

i was not clear. its a 6 speed manual. I think a mini auto is not right. at least not an S.

you would like a mini not many cars are better in the turns.

Lotus, Boxter. thats about it.

<p>Honestly I'd rather keep it at the track. Back in the day I would have done a street race but the track is just as fun. IMO there is usually someone in a minivan who gets in the way and could cause an accident. At the track all you have to worry about is trying to pass me.</p>

<p>A mini S will take me as long as you are as good or better driver than me. If you are not as good I could win because I would take advantage of a mistake. </p>

<p>1989 Mustang</p>

<p>Mods... more than I can mention...</p>

<p>DART 347 block with ported/polished Edlebrock heads, Edlebrock RPM II intake, fully forged internals with little vortech supercharger</p>

<p>Full race suspension with 14" front brakes and 11" rear disc brake conversion</p>

<p>New transmission with biggest clutch I can fit, custom computer, computer program, upgraded ingition box....</p>

<p>And of course better cooling and everything. It is essentially a race car disguised as a regular car. Last dyno put out 510rwhp and 530lb-ft (at the tires, engine Hp would be well over 600) with a mild 7 psi of boost.</p>

<p>-bix</p>

Hmm deja vu. Something like this happened on Nasioc with a mini vs a WRX. The guys actually did take it to the tracks, and well, the Mini didn't quite stack up. The thread is a funny read.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6095376&postcount=1207

Back