Tutor Time Oak Creek on Royal Oak street - Any thoughts?

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about that day care center (on Royal Oak street), Tutor Time franchise. Any feedback would be much appreciated! Thanks!

[quote author="blackacre-seeker" date=1210399573]Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about that day care center (on Royal Oak street), Tutor Time franchise. Any feedback would be much appreciated! Thanks!</blockquote>

Don't know anything about that Tutor Time in particular but I have heard a bunch of bad things about the one in Northpark. Two families I know have extracted their kids from there in favor of church-based preschools...

The Tutor Time in Oak Creek is good. My daughter went there for a few weeks but we took her out because Grandma missed her. The people there seem to genuinely care about the kids.

Each Tutor Time is owned and operated independently. I heard that the Tutor Time in Northpark used to be good until they changed ownership. After that, it has gone downhill. When I went to check out the Northpark location, they wanted a $100 non-refundable deposit without any guarrantee that I would either get placement for my daughter or have a way to get that deposit back after waiting 1 or 2 years. It sounds like a way to make $100 off of me by keeping my daughter on the wait list forever. So I decided against the Northpark location.

The Oak Creek location will guarrantee a spot for your child at a specified time when you make a deposit. If they cannot guarrantee a spot, they will put your child on a wait list for no charge.

I have a child that attended both Tutor Tutor Time locations. The Royal Oak Tutor Time is wonderful. Really nice and engaged staff that will work with even the most demanding parents. I really liked that they also have a private kindergarten . I must admit that Royal Oak is really expensive, but for me, worth the cost.

The other Tutor Time (San Marino) is no longer a Tutor Time. It was a great school until a management change really drove a lot of the staff, teachers, and parents away. The school went so far downhill that the Tutor Time Corporate office revoked the school's franchise. The school was eventually sold to a group which opened new Montessori based program.

Has the staff in the Oak Creek Tutor time changed since last year?

Because I enrolled my son there a year ago, and we ran away after the first few days. It was pretty horrible. The teachers couldn't care less about my boy, or any of the other kids for that matter. They wouldn't do anything with them, and during outside play, the teacher just sat there indifferently, while my son was crying hysterically. I took him out of there the very same day. He was at the toddler room.

I am curious to know has there been a change of staff since the previous year.

Same complaint I heard about the Northpark Tutor Time. Staff wasn't particularly caring and indifferent at times. They'd stand around and chat with each other over coffee while the parents came and went, kids were crying, etc.

When I drop my son off at his preschool in the morning, he almost always has a big hug awaiting him from his teacher... It's a very caring and loving environment. Not typical of Tutor Times I suspect.

What day care does your child go to IPO? My son currently goes to Kindercare in Westpark. It is much better, but still there is room for improvement.

[quote author="evening rose" date=1213064584]What day care does your child go to IPO? My son currently goes to Kindercare in Westpark. It is much better, but still there is room for improvement.</blockquote>

Jenny Hart at IPC. My only complaint is that my son has to move up and won't have the same teachers he has now. They are awesome!

[quote author="evening rose" date=1213226760]Thanks! We're Jewish, so I guess this preschool is not the best choice for us ;-)...</blockquote>

Well yeah, I could see that being troublesome. There is a bit of "Jesus this" and "Jesus that" going on... One day of Bible class each week but no Torah substitute unfortunately!

Just wanted to add to this thread that I started that I did end up sending my toddler to that daycare, and it was horrible! They put kids to sleep in street shoes (a quick poll, does anybody sleep in their shoes in their beds?), they don't feed them ( and what toddler is capable of feeding himself? ) so my son was hungry for the entire day, and he caught 3 terrible colds in a row and a rush in 2.5 weeks because they apparently don't clean very well and let in kids who are obviously very sick. So, I took him out of there and if you care about your child, you won't send him there!

<em><span style="color: blue;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">Hi All:

My Daughter who is 14 months goes to TT in Royal Oak. We love it so far! Guess her teacher is really sweet which made all the difference to us. Also the center director Kristie is very approachable and takes personal interest in the center. Dont miss it. Yes, they are the most expensive in Irvine but I dont mind paying those extra $$$ as long as my precious gurl is taken good care of....

We did a lot of research before signing up here and top on my list was TT Royal Oak followed by JCC.

TT in northpark was not on ou rfav list. Their center directors and admins seemed to have a big time attitude....Kindercare was not very baby friendly in our eyes.....

Anyways Good Luck!

Cheers!

T's Mom:)</span></span></em>

Back