Tustin Open Houses

iacrenter

So I hope we can use this thread if your visit a Tustin Open House--

I went to see a SFR in Tustin Fields. This area has been hit pretty hard by REO and Short Sales over the last year versus its neighbor in West Park. Of course this property is no different--short sale of course.

558 ORION Rd Tustin, CA 92782
http://www.redfin.com/CA/Tustin/558-Orion-Rd-92782/home/5957002

They are asking $821K (of course this means nothing in short sales) for a 3100 sqft home, 4 bd, 4.5 bath, 4380 sqft lot.

This is a Bennett Place Plan B home:
http://www.rdesk.com/WebRoot/uid-D23ECAA....ace_Plan-2. jpg

Pluses:
I actually like this floor plan a lot. It is very open, with good size bedrooms, home shows well, bright, good condition, nice flooring downstairs, lots of bathrooms, setback garage (BK approved with garage de-emphasis), love the 2nd floor loft, nice size kitchen island, and main floor bedroom with 3/4 bath, and decent Feng Shui (no stove under MB, no toilet over entry, etc...), one of the few lots not backing to a major street, close to community pool and facilities.

Minuses:
Small lot size relative to size of home (but that is life with relatively new construction), close proximity to neighbors (universal problem with newer construction), toxicity concerns over former military property (I believe this part of the airfield was dedicated to helicopters), and of course being a short sale--

I spoke with RE agent. She mentioned that home has 2 mortgages, 1st one by BofA, and 2nd by ?Green Point. They got approval from the BofA but of course not the 2nd company. She says that she is close to negotiating the 2nd mortgage company loan down to ~$35K on top of asking price.

I am sure some FCB will pick up this property. There wasn't a lot of foot traffic but it was mostly of 30ish yo Asian couple, 30ish yo family with toddler, and 40 ish yo Indian couple with their RE agent in tow.

10qe68h.jpg

Scheduled for auction Friday but probably will get postponed like it has been the past 6 months.. NOD was filed in February of 09. Over a year without paying!

[quote author="25inIrvine"]
10qe68h.jpg

Scheduled for auction Friday but probably will get postponed like it has been the past 6 months.. NOD was filed in February of 09. Over a year without paying![/quote]

They took a hit to their credit score but hopefully they saved enough cash for their future rental after being evicted. I feel bad for their kids--saw a lot of toys in the home. Hopefully they are too young to know the pain their parents are facing.

[quote author="test"]I notice you like to use "of course" a lot.
[/quote]

But of course <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

And 558 Orion gets postponed (again) til mid February. That will make it a year since the NOD date. At least 15 months of non payment.

Just FYI, there are 11 properties just in the neighboring streets that are in some stage of foreclosure including an NTS against 560 Orion Rd. right next door.

Also, 2 REO's are in there that aren't on the market yet. 1039 Hudson and 1500 Voyager Dr.

I'll update on 2/16 as that is when both 558 and 560 Orion are scheduled.

[quote author="SoCal78"]If anybody goes to see: 10040 Albee Ave. inside the Vidorra community, let me know your thoughts. (I don't know if they'll have an open house or not.)[/quote]

SoCal...did you see they have pictures of Albee up now? 19 shots (I didn't see pictures before). Looks nice, but the kitchen is horribly small.

Did you also see the other one in back up status, just around the corner?

http://www.redfin.com/CA/Tustin/2262-Shatto-Ln-92782/home/4776415

[quote author="ck"]
[quote author="SoCal78"]If anybody goes to see: 10040 Albee Ave. inside the Vidorra community, let me know your thoughts. (I don't know if they'll have an open house or not.)[/quote]

SoCal...did you see they have pictures of Albee up now? 19 shots (I didn't see pictures before). Looks nice, but the kitchen is horribly small.

Did you also see the other one in back up status, just around the corner?

http://www.redfin.com/CA/Tustin/2262-Shatto-Ln-92782/home/4776415[/quote]

Thanks for the head's up, CK. At the time I posted, the photos weren't up yet but now I can view them. At first glance, I had thought it was the Plan B, which is my favorite. I'm not a big fan of this split-level especially due to the minuscule kitchen. However, I've never seen it inside and am curious. Maybe I'll try to go see it tomorrow if my tour guide is available and if it's still active.

S601492_2_0.jpg

Is this house a "flip"... where the living area and kitchen, dining room are on top, and bedrooms bottom? I thought those only existed in Long Beach...?

I'm back. I got to see the Albee house. (A private showing, not an open house.) I went there prepared to not like it, because on paper I don't.... and... I did like it. I was really surprised. You walk up some entry-way steps, open the front door and stand in a foyer that has vaulted ceilings, with a high, circular window above the front door, letting in natural light. You have a choice between two floors. On your left are 11 steps leading to the top floor... on your right, you have four steps going down to the kid-friendly zone. I could see the patio from the entry so I first took the right. Going down, you enter the common area living space with media niche and sliding glass door leaving out to the patio... it felt a little larger than what I was envisioning from aerial photos. The living area had three tall windows and room for a couch. (My brain screams "toy room!") There are the two spare rooms and laundry room downstairs which has a French door leading out to the patio. A full bath with window ventilation above the shower, linen closet, and garage-entrance are also down below. The patio does share the neighbor's wall as a boundary, which is sort of a pet-peeve of mine, but it didn't seem to be that big of a deal. I went back to the entry and made my way upstairs. When you enter, the living room with fireplace and five long windows on two walls is directly in front of you, the dining room to your right, with a sliding door and deck next to it, the kitchen on the other side. I feel the kitchen is not as small as what I had perceived from photos of this plan before. The pantry is three doors wide, which provides a good amount of space and is larger than the normal two doors you see out there in homes of this size. I really feel the Realtor should have taken the kitchen picture from a different angle to show the larger pantry. The kitchen sink has a window above it and looks out onto the neighborhood. The counter space was "meh", not great, but do-able. I'm not positive you could open the dishwasher door and the oven door simultaneously, so that could be irritating. I could be wrong on that since I didn't test it, but visually - it was pretty close. (The Realtor did take a picture showing that.) On the other side of the living room is a half bath / guest bath, a coat closet, and the master bedroom. The master bedroom closet is walk-in, sort of in the shape of a narrow rectangle. There are bars to hang clothes on one long side and one short side. The master bath seemed pretty good-sized. It has a water closet, dual vanity sink, separate tub and shower. The amount of floor space between the three seemed pretty roomy. This particular home would be more appealing to me if it had solid-surface counters in the kitchen and baths, new carpet, and maybe a fresh coat of interior paint. I did like their dining room and kitchen flooring choice (hard floors under a dining table is a plus in my book). I could have swore a laundry chute was available for this plan but I didn't see one in this home.

If the price was right, I may consider this plan. However, on paper I really like the traditional two-story layouts with vaulted ceilings better. I still want to see Plan A & Plan B. If I can get into either, I will post about it here.

Hi SoCal78, you mentioned that if the price was right, you may consider this plan.  Currently the price is 550k, which would come out to about 303/sq ft.

Would you be thinking something like 500k (275/sq ft) or 450k (250/sq ft)?

Just trying to see what a reasonable range for something like this property would be.

Thanks in advance!

I am reviving this thread since I always keep an eye out for nice Tustin Ranch homes:

I didn't get to see this home but the online photos and satellite views of the property look good. They went into backup status within a matter of days. I guess nice properties always go quick.

S655845_0.jpg

2612 THORMAN Pl
Tustin, CA 92782http://www.redfin.com/CA/Tustin/2612-Thorman-Pl-92782/home/4775514
$875K
BEDS: 4 + bonus room
BATHS: 3
SQ. FT.: 2,462
$/SQ. FT.: $355
LOT SIZE: 6,500 Sq. Ft.

Back