TUSD parents- furlough days..

cubiczirconia

Sorry if I am duplicating information :)
TUSD has cut two furlough days for the year..

TUSD Restores Furlough Days on February 17 and May 25 for Student Instruction.

The Tustin Unified School District is restoring two furlough days on Friday, Feb. 17, and Friday, May 25, pending ratification by the employee associations.  Both dates will be student instructional days and work/paid days for TUSD employees.

"The school district will be open and school will be in session on these two dates," TUSD Superintendent Dr. Gregory Franklin said.

"More instructional time for our students is a good thing.  Plus, it's fair to our employees who rose to the occasion when it was needed to assist us during this extreme economic downturn."   

The two furlough days are being reinstated due to one-time money being given to the District from the federal government through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) and Education Jobs Bill funds.    ARRA is an economic stimulus package enacted by Congress and signed into law by the president in February 2009 to save and create jobs, and provide temporary relief to education, health, energy and other programs.

"In June 2010, the financial picture was quite bleak and Tustin Unified employees agreed to furlough days in an effort to save jobs and keep the District financially solvent," Dr. Franklin said.

"Since the agreement for furlough days, there have been no additional layoffs.  Even with the potential of additional reductions from the State on the horizon, TUSD is in a position to be able to restore these two furlough days - thanks to the one-time federal jobs money, conservative fiscal planning and sacrifice on the part of our employees." 

The District and schools are notifying parents about the two restored furlough days so they can plan accordingly to have their children in school on Feb. 17 and May 25.  The revised calendars are posted on the TUSD Web site at www.tustin.k12.ca.us. 

For more information, contact the TUSD Communications Office at (714) 730-7339.

I don't think so- and even if they are (which I highly doubt), I bet they are not in an area where we gate lovers would send our kids :)

Back