Trouble in Troy (SC)

CalBears96 said:
Seems like it's already paying off for USC.

Malachi Nelson, #3 prospect in the 2023 class and #2 QB (behind Arch Manning), has decommitted from Oklahoma and followed Riley to USC. Makes sense for him since he's from LA area (Los Alamitos High).

RB Raleek Brown from Mater Dei may do the same. Riley has already been out to see Brown trying to flip him as well.

Raleek Brown confirmed today that he's committing to USC.

So another Los Alamitos High, Makai Lemon, 5-star class of 2023 ATH, just decommitted from Oklahoma and committed to USC. Gabe Brooks, who is 247Sports' Midlands Region recruiting analyst, wrote that Lemon looked like a receiver in the "long run" but that he could have a higher ceiling as a cornerback.

Sounds good that they turn around the program.
They had a top recruiting class when Carroll and Lane was there.
But for some reason the recruiting class under Clay Helton were not good. (Good thing he is out)

The problem with Clay Helton is that he was a bad recruiter. I mean, SoCal is one of the best football areas in the country, along with Florida, Texas, Louisiana, but Helton couldn't even get a good recruiting class.

CalBears96 said:
The problem with Clay Helton is that he was a bad recruiter. I mean, SoCal is one of the best football areas in the country, along with Florida, Texas, Louisiana, but Helton couldn't even get a good recruiting class.

Go Bears!

HMart said:
CalBears96 said:

Go Bears!

This may be the last time for a while we beat USC.  :p

Even though the season has been disappointing, but we beat USC and more importantly, we beat Stanford for the Axe.  ;D

Back