Trick or Treat--Which mall is better?

gld42_IHB

I'm planning to take my daughter to do Trick or Treat at mall? Laguna Hills mall and Misson Viejo Mall will give out Candies. Which one is better? or any other suggestions? Thanks

[quote author="ABC123" date=1225422843]What happened to going door-to-door in your neighborhood?</blockquote>

This is more fun except don't go to Turtle Rock. It's dead.

We are doing the trick or treating at The District (3pm - 6pm) with some friends, and then hanging out for some of the other festivities and dinner. It looks like they have a few things going on there, including some live music and pet costume contests.

<a href="http://www.thedistricttl.com/events/events.aspx">District Events</a>

I like the mall thing, more controlled environment. But I got hit by a car while trick or treating when I was 10 years old --- so I might be a little overprotective of my kid on this night!

Mall is easier, also my daughter can do it at day-time, she is too young to do door-to door at night.

[quote author="ABC123" date=1225422843]What happened to going door-to-door in your neighborhood?</blockquote>

That doesn't sound like much fun. I'm glad I'm not a kid anymore. I think my my parents took me out before I could even walk. By the time I was 6 my friends and I were able go to down our street without parents. Times sure have changed.

[quote author="ABC123" date=1225428701]That doesn't sound like much fun. I'm glad I'm not a kid anymore. I think my my parents took me out before I could even walk. By the time I was 6 my friends and I were able go to down our street without parents. Times sure have changed.</blockquote>

It's not changed. It depends on the neighborhood. My old neighborhood was like a zoo around Halloween. Kids had so much fun.

We get every single kid in Santa Ana in my neighborhood. Last year we went through about 15 bags of candy before we ran out, and it was barely 8pm. Around here kids trick or treat until about 9.

I drove by an elementary school near Woodbridge and saw all the cute little kids in costume. That brings back memory when my kids were younger.

BTW, mine went to school as a "Falling Angel", how about yours?

[quote author="WestparkRenter" date=1225493083]I drove by an elementary school near Woodbridge and saw all the cute little kids in costume. That brings back memory when my kids were younger.

BTW, mine went to school as a "Falling Angel", how about yours?</blockquote>

That's weird, our son's school (an IUSD elementary school also) sent home a note saying not to wear costumes to school. I wonder if each school decides or what.

[quote author="SoCal78" date=1225493262][quote author="WestparkRenter" date=1225493083]I drove by an elementary school near Woodbridge and saw all the cute little kids in costume. That brings back memory when my kids were younger.

That's weird, our son's school (an IUSD elementary school also) sent home a note saying not to wear costumes to school. I wonder if each school decides or what.</blockquote>

I believe they did but I did not see a lot of kids that did not wear costume at this elementary. I know mine did have a costume and so did her friend.

[quote author="WestparkRenter" date=1225494895][quote author="SoCal78" date=1225493262][quote author="WestparkRenter" date=1225493083]I drove by an elementary school near Woodbridge and saw all the cute little kids in costume. That brings back memory when my kids were younger.

That's weird, our son's school (an IUSD elementary school also) sent home a note saying not to wear costumes to school. I wonder if each school decides or what.</blockquote>

I believe they did but I did not see a lot of kids that did not wear costume at this elementary. I know mine did have a costume and so did her friend.</blockquote>

I got curious and went to IUSD's site to see if says anything. It looks like some of the elementary schools are indeed doing dress-up and even have costume parades scheduled. So, I guess it must be up to the individual school or something. Weird - I would think all the schools in the district would do the same things for the holidays.

[quote author="SoCal78" date=1225495139]

I got curious and went to IUSD's site to see if says anything. It looks like some of the elementary schools are indeed doing dress-up and even have costume parades scheduled. So, I guess it must be up to the individual school or something. Weird - I would think all the schools in the district would do the same things for the holidays.</blockquote>

Westpark Elem where our daughter goes had a full blown assembly and parade this morning. Nearly every kid in costume. Cutest thing ever. That's too bad that some schools passed on doing something like this.

Back