Travata at CV

What?s better Travata or a condo in parasol park? Need advice? Travata more expensive they have 4 quick move ins

Burn That Belly said:
renter1 said:
What?s better Travata or a condo in parasol park? Need advice? Travata more expensive they have 4 quick move ins

Travata has no Mello Roos. Which is why prices are jacked up. Parasol Park has a grip of Mello Roos, $6K-10K or more per year. You multiply that by 30 years, what is that like $180K-$300K. Now add that $180K-300K on top of the price to PP, is it as high as Travata for similar plans? probably not.

That's not how the math works. If you pay $100k more in purchase price, it will add to your property taxes and also cost another $100k or so in interest for around $230k over 30 years

Rode my bike with the kids in Travata last weekend... was funny I saw one motorcourt homeowner on the street of the 4 pack court put ?No Parking? signs up in the grass in front of his home, probably 4 or 5 of the same sign, you could tell by the way it looked it was put by the homeowner not the HOA, and it was only at that one house.

I could just see some old grumpy senior citizen living in that house getting mad when his motorcourt neighbors guests park in front of his house.  Kinda reminded me of something I would do when I?m 68 and bitter about life.

DrTravel said:
Stopped buy and checked it out this weekend. Not a big fan of Castillo but some of the Palencia floor plans are interesting. They have started construction on their condo project called Aldea - interesting that these are two stories but if you have a second level flat there is an elevator from the garage to your home.

The biggest issue is the sh*thole location! 5 Freeway on one side right at the tollway interchange, plus some unknown industrial projects under construction. It was fricking loud just standing outside and that was at 3 PM on a Sunday. Could actually smell the pollutants. Buy here and cut your retirement length in half...

Odd with the bad location (I would never buy here) their prices are Eastwood like.

I don't know why people thought these are low income housing, there is NOTHING low income about it!  Went to check it out over the weekend; saw the Palencia and Aldea (which don't look ready to be toured yet) models.  Expect to pay low to mid-$1M for Palencia with 1.06% tax and $285 HOA.  The clubhouse and amenities are very nice, feel resort like.  You can definitely see AND hear the traffic from nearby freeways.

Don't know how they will enforce this, but the rules (as they were explained to me) are:
Anyone can buy in Travata, but in order to live there, at least one person must be 55+ in the household.  You can stay there if you're 45+, again, if there's at least one person 55+ living there as well.  You are allowed to have guests (<45 years old) for 2 months out of the calendar year, you have to clear it with the association.  The sales person even said, no kids in this community.  So, if I'm 55 and have a 30-year old wife and child...my wife and kid can't live with me?!  How are they going to police this...are they relying on the little old lady next door to tattle on the neighbors?

Aldea (HOA $435 per month) model 1 felt like Avalon model 1 to me, with a little bit bigger living room.  Aldea models 2 and 3 are upstairs, I think they would share an elevator, but I couldn't figure out how they puzzle together.  The elevator doesn't look roomy, imagine one of those little lifts in old European hotels where you have to close the gate yourself.

My takeaway...nice community and floorplans if you can literally lift Travata out of its current location.   

I can see the headlines now:
?55 year old man finds the woman of his dreams (a 40 year old singe teacher) and proposed marriage.  Later he had to break the engagement as Travata would not let her live with him more than 2 months out of the year.?

That might not actually be so bad.  Maybe they?re onto something.

aquabliss said:
I can see the headlines now:
?55 year old man finds the woman of his dreams (a 40 year old singe teacher) and proposed marriage.  Later he had to break the engagement as Travata would not let her live with him more than 2 months out of the year.?

That might not actually be so bad.  Maybe they?re onto something.

Wait,,,he can practice Mormon. 6 wifes they just have to rotate 2 months incremental. So he an have a wife full time out of the year.

If you're 55 years old and can snag a 40 year old spouse, you're not going to be living in an "active adult" community. Ever. If it did happen, rent the home to Mom and Dad and relocate to NPB, hopefully in a home with a garage to park your red Miata.

My .02c

Soylent Green Is People said:
If you're 55 years old and can snag a 40 year old spouse, you're not going to be living in an "active adult" community. Ever. If it did happen, rent the home to Mom and Dad and relocate to NPB, hopefully in a home with a garage to park your red Miata.

My .02c

Correction
If you're 55 years old and can snag a 40 30 year old spouse, you're not going to be living in an "active adult" community. Ever. If it did happen, rent the home to Mom and Dad and relocate to NPB, hopefully in a home with a garage to park your red Miata.

Back