Toyota moving to Texas

This is what happens when moron bureaucrats are in charge who have NO understanding of market dynamics…then they are “stunned” when people and businesses adjust to their edicts in a way that nullifies the intent of their policy…often the victims of foolish policy are the very people these fools portend to be “uplifting”….😡😂😂😂👎🏽

Fast food workers blindsided by sudden closure of Fosters Freeze in Lemoore

LEMOORE, Calif. (FOX26) — Employees at Fosters Freeze in Lemoore are out of a job.

Navarro says the owner, Loren Wright, had previously told her the $20 minimum wage increase for fast food workers was going to be really hard on him.

She said he did not tell her or any of the other workers that he was going to close.

"I walked in, and he had just immediately said you guys are out of a job; I'm sorry," said Boado.

Assistant General Manager Monica Navarro says she was called Monday morning by her boss who was at the restaurant to open, only to find the locks were being changed.

https://kmph.com/news/local/fast-fo...y-sudden-closure-of-fosters-freeze-in-lemoore

LA's luxury house sales plummet 70 PERCENT in the first year since its hated 'mansion tax' was brought in as millionaires chose to live outside the city in Beverly Hills, Malibu and Santa Monica instead

· Launched April 2023, the policy levied a four percent tax on all $5M plus homes

· But a year later Measure ULA saw luxury house sales drop by nearly 70 per cent

· Realtor Hooman Ghaffari blasted the move 'a sham' that has sales 'unworkable'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...everly-Hills-Malibu-Santa-Monica-instead.html
More morons gunning for the greedy corporations but slaughter the drivers they say they are protecting….🤦🏽‍♂️😂😂😂😂

Lyft and Uber to cease operations in Minneapolis after new minimum wage law

New YorkCNN —

Lyft and Uber will stop offering services in Minneapolis on May 1 after the city council overrode the mayor’s veto of a minimum wage for rideshare drivers.

The city council on Thursday voted 10-3 in favor of the override, allowing rideshare drivers to be paid the local minimum wage of $15.57 an hour.

Lyft said in a statement the bill was “deeply flawed” and that the ordinance makes its “operations unsustainable.”

Working as Meituan delivery driver (on e-bikes or scooters) in Tier 1 city (Beijing), I think they should earn ~4,000 RMB (part time) to 8,000 RMB (working 996) per month each with fairly low tax rate. With 5 family members working and living in cheaper outskirt area of city (5th ring?), they can potentially save significant % of their income. Crazy workaholics could earn more (https://radii.co/article/food-delivery-driver-salary) but those are exceptions.

If they were in the US and working as Uber drivers, I think the drivers typically make $3,000 to $3,500/month in LA working full time (less for Uber eats & part timers). But that's not counting cost and insurance, depreciation and maintenance expense for the car. If you had 5 family members working you'd need 5 cars. The family should be able to afford rent (~$3,000), but buying a home would be tough today.

More morons gunning for the greedy corporations but slaughter the drivers they say they are protecting….🤦🏽‍♂️😂😂😂😂

Lyft and Uber to cease operations in Minneapolis after new minimum wage law

New YorkCNN —

Lyft and Uber will stop offering services in Minneapolis on May 1 after the city council overrode the mayor’s veto of a minimum wage for rideshare drivers.

The city council on Thursday voted 10-3 in favor of the override, allowing rideshare drivers to be paid the local minimum wage of $15.57 an hour.

Lyft said in a statement the bill was “deeply flawed” and that the ordinance makes its “operations unsustainable.”

What is it with targeting specific industries with a minimum wage? Fast food... ride share...

In the old days, at least the minimum wage was broadly applied to all workers.

What is it with targeting specific industries with a minimum wage? Fast food... ride share...

In the old days, at least the minimum wage was broadly applied to all workers.
Yeah, I'm in favor of one minimum wage. I'd also like to see that applied to waitstaff at restaurants.
We need to simplify all of these crazy laws that add never ending complexity. But I guess bureaucracy in our institutions only serves to increase that bureaucracy. Bureaucracy's gonna bureaucracy?

MOD Pizza's out as well...

Part of the last few paragraphs of the article are about a 29 year old driver who was let go by Pizza Hut in February. He had worked for The Hut for "a decade". How someone can survive working as a pizza delivery driver in So Cal, stagnating for over 10 years, is a mystery unto itself. Drivers (Fast Food work, etc.) are meant to be starter jobs not careers.

Happening before our eyes…as we scare our best earners out of state and continue to accept as many takers as we can get ..there are fewer of us left to pay the tab…but answers coming from the same morons will only hasten our (that’s us on this boards) demise…these fool thinks more government control is the answer and I don’t see anyone opposing continuing implementation of what doesn’t work….just like the misplaced $20 minimum wage this type of government over-lording of the free market is doomed!😡😡😡🤷🏽‍♂️🦄🌈

Why California Is Shrinking and Sinking, and How To Reverse It

California’s population has shrunk for three consecutive years while 42 other states have grown. A shrinking population is a sign of economic distress. Homeowners may feel immune to rental costs. However, as the shrinking continues, the sinking follows. As the population shrinks, the need ds of the remaining population increase while the tax base decreases. California is staring down the barrel of a $73 billion budget deficit. This is a prescription for disaster. If we continue down this path, the quality of life will deteriorate for both renters and homeowners. This November, California has a golden opportunity to strike a blow against billionaire corporate landlords and extreme income inequality, and in favor of Justice for Renters. The 2024 ballot initiative would allow localities to cap rental increases, lowering the cost of living across the state and reversing the housing affordability and homelessness crises that are ravaging our communities.

Back