Townhouse with a 4car garage in Yorba Linda...say what?

SandVball

I came across The Palisades at Vista Del Verde and to my surprise you get a real 4-car garage.  The entire first level is your garage and with Plan 2 it's one giant rectangle to store all of your toys.  Maybe I could rent out two of the spots as boat storage  :-*
http://www.taylormorrison.com/709,1...de-Community-Residence-Two-Home-for-Sale.aspx

Has anyone else taken a look at these?  We liked Plan 2 the most.  Plan 4 is way to confusing with stairs all over the place but it's surprisingly selling well.  Plan 1 was the most traditional but the garage isn't as nice as Plan 2 since the rear of the garage is a tandem.

After living 6 years in Woodbury with my entire living area directly over 3 garages I highly discourage anyone from doing the same.  These last 8 weeks have been hell (literally).  My wife stays home with my son so I have to keep the A/C on during the day.  We set the thermostat to 80 degrees and it still comes on about every 10 minutes.  My electric bill last month was $255 and I have the cycling summer discount set to the maximum discount.

Unless you want to live in a Sauna, do not put yourself through it.  Yorba Linda is hotter than Irvine.

aquabliss said:
After living 6 years in Woodbury with my entire living area directly over 3 garages I highly discourage anyone from doing the same.  These last 8 weeks have been hell (literally).  My wife stays home with my son so I have to keep the A/C on during the day.  We set the thermostat to 80 degrees and it still comes on about every 10 minutes.  My electric bill last month was $255 and I have the cycling summer discount set to the maximum discount.

Unless you want to live in a Sauna, do not put yourself through it.  Yorba Linda is hotter than Irvine.
You know what helps a lot?  Ceiling fans.  Even with my pool and occasional use of the AC my electric bill has not crossed $150 (ranges $125 to $145 per month). 

aquabliss said:

80 degrees is kind of hot isnt it? we keep the thermostat on at 72-73 all summer. 

Tandem parking doesn't count.  4CWG or GTFO.

the-4-car-garage-dance-studio-mount-wilson.jpg

Damn 4CWG is pimp but that has got to be at least double the cost of this townhouse.

So my garage is a F4CG (fake 4 car garage)  :(

USCTrojanCPA said:
aquabliss said:

You know what helps a lot?  Ceiling fans.  Even with my pool and occasional use of the AC my electric bill has not crossed $150 (ranges $125 to $145 per month). 

Ya you're probably right, we have a few pedestal fans but ceiling fans would be better.  I have prewire in the bedroom so should do it there for sure.  For the living room there's no wiring and I'm too cheap to pay the 500+ for the fan + wiring in the attic since we want to move in a year or 2.

qwerty said:
aquabliss said:

80 degrees is kind of hot isnt it? we keep the thermostat on at 72-73 all summer. 
]

I envy you, and yes 80 degrees is hot but even changing it to 78 will mean the A/C stays on almost non-stop.  Right after the cycle finishes the heat rises from the garages downstairs and it goes on again just a couple minutes later.

We stopped by the model homes when it was 92' out at 2pm and the garage was still cool.  The sun only hits the insulated garage door so I think heat won't be a problem.  The rear of the garage is cut into the hill so it's almost like a basement.

Now onto epoxy-coat.com or polished concrete??

No lie, it gets a smidge toasty up here in YL, but we paid an extra $500 for upgraded insulation in the attic and I keep my thermostat around 75. The insulation in these new homes are pretty darn good. I try to keep around 75-77. It's very comfy, but ceiling fans FTW!

I moved from Aliso Viejo--pretty much the same give or take 2-3 degrees.

Years ago when I was looking at properties in Fullerton, I bumped into an old townhome complex where every unit had 4 car garage (2x2 tandem).  It was kinda odd and the property was so old, the floor boards creaked.  Unfortunately it's been so long that I don't recall the exact location anymore.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKO9PD_4bDA[/youtube]

Back