Top 5 Irvine Neighborhoods/Developments

lostinirvine

Please list them in order (best to worst) based on your opinion of location, schools, perceived future appreciation/resale value, and demographics.

lostinirvine said:
it would mean level of diversity. best would be extremely diverse and worst would be more on the homogeneous side.

So an Irvine community chock full of white people would be bad?  Paging IHS...

Just ask people the top 5 they could live in if $ were no object, otherwise everyone will argue about how to quantify the list.

Pretty obvious that Shady Canyon and Hidden Canyon are #1 and #2, but who knows, maybe others will disagree.

lostinirvine said:
Please list them in order (best to worst) based on your opinion of location, schools, perceived future appreciation/resale value, and demographics.

Are you factoring current price reductions nationwide?

Shady is definitely #1 since there are custom homes and large lots.

I'm not really a fan of Hidden Canyon so it will be Quail Hill and Turtle Rock for elevation and views. Not too sure of Turtle Ridge as it's further away.

Then for the non-elevated areas of Irvine I'd go with the more centrally located areas of Westpark II and Woodbridge (where 3CWGs still exist). Of the newer developments I have to say for lot size and neighborhood design, Pavilion Park.

IHO you'd really take Quail Hill over guard gated Hidden Canyon?!  I'll take a Hidden Canyon view lot any day. 

Plus, you don't want qwerty being able to just drive right up to the entrance of your $2M McMansion.

aquabliss said:
IHO you'd really take Quail Hill over guard gated Hidden Canyon?!  I'll take a Hidden Canyon view lot any day. 

Plus, you don't want qwerty being able to just drive right up to the entrance of your $2M McMansion.

HC views aren't anything to write home about.  It's basically some brown knolls with Target and a freeway interchange in the distance.  Even Baker Ranch Summit homes have better views than HC.

So yes, QH Vicara >> HC.

aquabliss said:
There is no view lot in HC that can match the upper view lots in QH. And if you have a family, the Elem and the shopping center being walkable is a plus.
Not really a fan of gated hoods. I prefer being accessible.

#gatesisolate

Back