Top 10 Fast Food Chains In Customer Satisfaction

Top 10 Fast Food Chains In Customer Satisfaction

(courtesy of consumerist.com)

By Meg Marco

Mmm, how satisfying. A recent survey by Sandelman & Associates, market research and consumer-trends firm, shows that customers mostly prefer regional or smaller national fast food and chain restaurants to gigantic soul-destroying megafood joints like McDonald's.

Top 10 Chains in Customer Satisfaction:

<strong>1. In-N-Out Burger, Irvine, Calif., 60%</strong>

2. Raising Cane?s, Baton Rouge, La., 59%

3. Giordano?s Pizza, Chicago, 56%

4. Chick-fil-A, Atlanta, 55%

5. Panera Bread, St. Louis, 54%

6. Chipotle, Denver, 52%

7. Pei Wei, Scottsdale, Ariz., 51%

8. Firehouse Subs, Jacksonville, Fla., 51%

9. Taco Tote, El Paso, Texas, 50%

10. Qdoba, Wheat Ridge, Colo., 49%

The survey included fast food and chain restaurants (like pizza places, and other casual eateries) and ranked the results by the highest percentage of "excellent" ratings.

1. In-N-Out Burger, Irvine, Calif., 60%

-Never understood the appeal of In-n-out. . .Like fatburgers much better. Fries are awful after 5 minutes. Good shakes and prices.

3. Giordano?s Pizza, Chicago, 56%

-Perhaps my favorite pizza place. . .

4. Chick-fil-A, Atlanta, 55%

-Food is healthy but too expensive. Fantastic shakes. Not open on Sundays. . . (good as a Christian bad for last minute decisions).

5. Panera Bread, St. Louis, 54%

-Love the wifi and their bagels. . .

6. Chipotle, Denver, 52%

-One of my favorite restaurants. . .can say nothing bad about the place.

10. Qdoba, Wheat Ridge, Colo., 49%

-Had it one time in Oregon. . .pretty good food and good prices.

Never tried # 2 and 7-9

I'll agree. Qhen I first saw the title, In n Out was the first (and pretty much only) restaurant that crossed my mind when thinking of "satisfaction".

I don't eat there often but everytime I do, their workers seem a step above everyone else on the friendliness scale.

I would go a lot more often if the one near me wasn't so crowded. They're usually fairly quick, but sometimes they run out of fries or something and I end up being stuck in the drive-thru for 15 minutes.

[quote author="Daedalus" date=1233338185]I would go a lot more often if the one near me wasn't so crowded. They're usually fairly quick, but sometimes they run out of fries or something and I end up being stuck in the drive-thru for 15 minutes.</blockquote>

The fries are all made to order from fresh pealed potatos, so the didn't run out. They probablly got behind preping potatos!

Have to admit, I love the in-and-out burgers but despise the fries there. I am doing something wrong when I order them?

[quote author="Irvine5" date=1233498364]Have to admit, I love the in-and-out burgers but despise the fries there. I am doing something wrong when I order them?</blockquote>

I hate their fries too. You can order them well done or extra crispy--I forget which is the proper term. The only way I've been able to somewhat enjoy them is animal style--but then they aren't really fries, but more a pile of cheese, onions and dressing with some mediocre fries underneath ;)

[quote author="Irvine5" date=1233498364]Have to admit, I love the in-and-out burgers but despise the fries there. I am doing something wrong when I order them?</blockquote>

Other than being used to flash frozen french fries al la McDonalds, no, probablly not.

Order them well done and see if that helps.

Here's another vote for not liking their fries. Actually I don't think their hamburgers are all that great either except for the price, but compared to McDonalds or Burger King I guess they're good. I do like that when you order a small drink, you actually get a small size.

I just had the worst fast-food experience at In-N-Out, so much so that I'm not going back, at least not to the one near me. As I alluded to before, I have been noticing a degradation of quality there over the past year. I was car # 10 in the drive-thru when I arrived. I kid you not, it took over half an hour to get my food. At one point I was stopped in the same place, 2 cars from the 1st window, for over 15 minutes. When I finally got home, 5 minutes after leaving, I found the fries at room temp and my burger was actually cool to the touch. Sorry, In-N-Out, but you're a victim of your own success.

which location was this? i'm not surpised by the wait, depending on the time of day, but am of the cold-ness.

i usually go to the one on 19th in CM, and have never had a problem there. the one on Campus by UCI, and the one at bristol and macaruther, while busier, have been good too.

No worries, I don't live anywhere near Irvine. And to be clear, I'm just singling out the In-N-Out I went to. If there was another one close by I would go there instead. This one is always crowded...up until the minute they close every night, as far as I can tell. We thought if we went in the late afternoon, between lunch and dinner, it would be quick (we no longer dare go during peak times). No dice. The cold food tells me they had food sitting around waiting for something else. Maybe the milkshake machine ran dry or something.

They need to be sued by the cities for traffic problems that they are obviously well aware of when they build these places. I wonder how many accidents have been caused because the traffic in the street is so far backed up. One of the newer locations in South Santa Ana was definitely not built to hold the traffic. It is located essentially on the corner of Bristol and MacArthur, this is an extremely busy area during peak hours. The traffic at the light backs up due to the In and Out line that forms. It is horrible, I just can't see how city planner's allow this to happen, maybe they don't eat there.

The city planners are trumped by the planning comission and the council who can pass a waver for just about anything they want.

Come on girlfriend, you read the Juice blog, you should know this! It's Arts only trick!

[quote author="tmare" date=1234752032]They need to be sued by the cities for traffic problems that they are obviously well aware of when they build these places. I wonder how many accidents have been caused because the traffic in the street is so far backed up. One of the newer locations in South Santa Ana was definitely not built to hold the traffic. It is located essentially on the corner of Bristol and MacArthur, this is an extremely busy area during peak hours. The traffic at the light backs up due to the In and Out line that forms. It is horrible, I just can't see how city planner's allow this to happen, maybe they don't eat there.</blockquote>

My only accident in the last 25 years was a rear end to a car 30' from a street intersection. The In and Out drive thru driveway was too close to the street intersection and traffic piled up on to the street. I ran a yellow light but traffic was not moving.

Exactly my point bk, doesn't there come a time when the city and the business become responsible for this nuisance?

Back